***Apple Design Award Winner*** ***2020 App Store Editors’ Choice***
CAD design shouldn’t be a desk job. Transform your 3D modeling workflow with the leading industrial-strength CAD tool for iPad. Go from idea to 3D concept in minutes, create anywhere, and export manufacturable models by integrating user-friendly mobile design software. Shapr3D is compatible with all major desktop CAD software, so you can import projects and export work directly to your rendering, manufacturing, or drafting tools.
“It's not often we stumble across an app that has the potential to dramatically transform your workflow. But with Shapr3D, there's no need for a desk, a mouse, or a keyboard. With your iPad and Apple Pencil, you can design complex 3D models. The ability to work offline means you'll be able to sketch and design from anywhere.” - App Store Editors
“I am amazed at what you can do with Shapr3D. The developers are constantly looking for feedback and releasing new features. There are a lot of tutorial videos and use case webinars. I have spent the last year trying to break free of my desk and be more mobile. 3D modeling was one of the last holdouts and Shapr3D goes a long way to allowing me to work anywhere.” Amko139, Shapr3D user
UNDER THE HOOD
Shapr3D’s tech stack and software combine the industrial power of desktop CAD tools, the mobility and touch-screen of iPad, and the natural control of Apple Pencil. Shapr3D users get:
- Battle-tested Siemens™ geometric Parasolid™ modeling kernel and D-Cubed™ sketch engine
- CAD-compatibility with hi-res X_T, STEP, STL, OBJ, 2D DXF, 2D DWG, export support
- STL, STEP, IGES, X_T, 2D DWG, 2D DXF, JPG, PNG import support
- Offline functionality and local storage with all iPads that support Apple Pencil, including all iPad Pros, iPad 2018, iPad Mini 5, iPad Air 3
- A mobile modeling experience designed for the familiar grip of Apple Pencil
USE SHAPR3D TO
- Make the world your workstation. Design and iterate manufacture-grade models on the factory floor, in client and team meetings, while commuting, or wherever inspiration strikes.
- Impress your clients with inspiring visualizations. Sketch and validate design ideas on the spot and accelerate the design process for faster delivery.
- Seamlessly integrate mobile modeling. Sketch and model concepts anywhere and continue directly in AutoCAD, Solidworks, NX, Catia, Solid Edge, Fusion360, Rhino3D, Onshape, and Sketchup.
- 3D model as if you were drawing in 2D. Create models and adjust features and dimensions fluidly with a paper and pencil style UX free of clunky keyboard commands.
- Manufacture your 3D models hassle-free. Shapr3D creates manufacture-grade solid geometry. Export your 3D models in hi-res STEP, IGES, XT, STL, or OBJ formats to print prototypes, iterations and your final design.
Sign up now for your free Shapr3D Pro trial. You’ll get unlimited workspaces, hi-res export for STL, STEP, IGES, X_T, OBJ, DWG, and DXF files, import capabilities for X_T, STEP, IGES, STL, DXF, DWG, JPG, PNG files, and colors.
Subscription information: Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Terms of service: https://terms.shapr3d.com
This update’s mission: help our SOLIDWORKS users work well. Download the latest update for our latest improvements, big and small:
• Improved: We developed a late August surprise for the (sizable) population of Shapr3D users that use the app in tandem with SOLIDWORKS. Kiss those pesky conversions goodbye and pull that file from SOLIDWORKS right into your design space. It’s not just SLDPRT; you can also directly import SLDASM files (without external references), to work on assembly and part designs directly on your iPad.
• Improved: Applying the Replace Face tool is updated. Now you can just work it like you would the Mirror tool — we’ve added badges that appear directly on 2D and 3D geometries to make it obvious what you’re selecting and what you’re transforming.
• Improved: We’re not done with adaptive user interface just yet. Now when you’re sketching, you can quickly select transformative tools such as Move/Rotate from the custom menu.
• Improved: After you cut away from 3D bodies using the Subtract tool, you’re not just limited to 2 options—keeping all original 3D bodies or none. Choose to keep the original 3D bodies you subtracted from, or just the original 3D bodies you removed.
• Fixed: We powered through and fixed a couple bugs so you can import, export, and edit your designs without hangups.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's not often we stumble across an app that has the potential to dramatically transform your workflow. But with Shapr3D, there's no need for a desk, a mouse, or a keyboard. With your iPad and Apple Pencil, you can design complex 3D models. The ability to work offline means you'll be able to sketch and design from anywhere.
Stumbled across this application and after reading the description it hinted at a similarity to a highly expensive parametric design software for pc known as Solid Works. That caught my interest because that was a software I fell in love with while in school for mechanical design. So that alone made me download and try the app. I tried the free version which is fully functional when it comes to design but limits certain features and number of designs that can be created. After a few versions of a design which I completed. I decided to bite the bullet and sign up for the monthly full version. So far I am glad I did you gain extra features to not only save your designed without limited number but also adjust colors to make designs look and feel more real to get a better idea of the vision of the product you are considering constructing. This app is intuitive but I have extensive Solid-works and AutoCad exposure and that helped tremendously with designing on this because this program is a slight mixture of both applications and tooling works similar to a blend of each of those two programs. Apple Pencil is a necessity for this because it acts as a mouse/courser and is very precise.
Best 3D design app, Worst subscription options
This is by far one of the best apps I have ever used for 3D modeling. I have been learning with fusion 360 for awhile now and I find this to be so much quicker and easier to use. Using fingers to move and the Apple Pencil to work makes it very easy to move when you want to move and draw when you draw and not have one mixed with the other.
It does have one flaw though, the price. First off, the free version only lets you save 2 designs, but all tutorial and even example designs count as your saved designs, that means if you want to use the free version you have to delete any tutorials or examples. If you actually want to use it you have to get the subscription. Which would be fine, honestly with all the crafted tutorials that do such a great job showing you how to use the app I think it deserves it, but not for the $300 they are asking for. I would happily pay $10 or around that ball park a month for a medium tier, and it surprises me they don’t since the questionnaire you fill in at the beginning asks if you are using it for a hobby or if you never 3D modeled before. If its only geared to professionals and you don’t want hobbiests using it then why even asking they are one? I am not even asking for you to make all the features free like fusion 360 does, just a lower cost for non-profesionals if you really do want hobbiests and non-pros using it as well
- Shapr 3D Zartkoruen Mukodo Reszvenytarsasag
- 616.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Shapr3D Zrt.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Subscription $31.99
- Pro Subscription $239.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.