Contractors invest thousands of dollars in tools that are scattered across many locations. Most tool tracking systems handle tools like inventory by checking them in/out, but do a poor job once they've left the warehouse. ShareMyToolbox is different. It provides all your employees with visibility into the company's tool catalog and accountability though our unique workflow. Tools can be checked in/out, but also transferred between employees in the field. A complete list of all the tools a company owns, along with who is responsible for them is available at all times on mobile devices.
With ShareMyToolbox, there has never been an easier way to create a tool inventory and improve accountability for tracking of small tools. Browse what’s available across the company and see who has responsibility. Try this application today and connect with up to 4 people for free.
Use this app to:
• Reduce your annual tool cost
• Maintain a tool inventory
• Search and find tools from a mobile device
• Reduce rental cost by not buying duplicate tools
• Reduce tool hoarding through increased visibility
• Eliminate lost or stolen tools by increasing accountability
• Eliminate employees procuring tools for personal use
Updated Features Include:
• Unlimited tools
• Bar coding
• In-app and push notifications
• Borrowing and lending workflow built in
• Six pictures per tool
• Warranty tracking
• Track serial number, model, purchase date and price
• Link to manufacturer's website and owner's manual
• Search for tools by text and filter
• Dashboard for quick access to tool details
• Easy to Use
• Website and live support available for companies
Who Uses this app:
• All types of contractors
• Service Companies
• Field technicians
• Anyone who wants to track accountability for items that are moving from person to person
· Tool actions from tool detail screen
· Loan/borrow/Transfer issues for barcode scanning
· Loan batch barcode issue
Ratings and Reviews
Great to work with
What is this for our company tool management program which has a little less than 1,000 tools and have used it for almost 2 years. As you would expect, we explored many options, but ultimately chose SMTB due to industry reviews in addition to conversations with Chuck and his team.
I don’t know if I have ever used an app or any type of software program that was without bugs and this one is no exception. However, bugs here are rare, they seem to get it fixed very quickly. If I ever have any prolonged or large issues, I contact those guys through their website and they jump right on it. For me, the quick and personal response is the biggest reason I like the program.
The program itself is very easy for us to use. We purchased generic barcodes through the web and they work just fine. Pictures are the slowest thing to upload and they only take about 10 or 15 seconds but it helps tremendously to have pictures. We have a variety of users, from virtual users to employees and the transferring of tools all works very well.
Overall, I would recommend to both individual users and companies alike.
Easy to Use
Very good app - we track over 2,000 items and this app can handle it! We really enjoy the workflow, ease of use and fast feedback from support! We looked at ToolWatch, ToolHound, etc. they were so expensive in comparison. This is perfect for our use of simply knowing where our tools are!
Best tool tracking app
Ease of use and technical support is off the charts with this one. Keeps everything organized and everyone accountable for the tools they have, which makes sure we get them all back and accounted for. Thanks for a great product!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.