SharePort Mobile lets you access and play media stored on any USB drive directly on your iOS device! Just plug your USB storage drive into any SharePort Mobile-enabled D-Link router, and access your files from any device connected to your router. Share photos and videos with friends without resizing or bothering with e-mail. Now you can create a shared storage space for your home or office. You can even share files with an audience when giving a business presentation.
SharePort Mobile lets you:
* Stream movies and music to your iOS device
* Play slideshows of your photos
* View documents directly on your mobile device
* Save files for offline playback by using the Favorites feature
* Upload photos and videos from your Camera Roll to your USB storage drive
To view the list of supported routers, please go to http://www.dlink.com/shareportmobileapp
SharePort Mobile is compatible with the following models:
* DIR-505 H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.08 or later
* DIR-505L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.03 or later
* DIR-508L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.03 or later
* DIR-510L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.01 or later
* DIR-626L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DIR-636L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DIR-816L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DIR-817LW H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DIR-818LW H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DIR-820L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.03 or later
* DIR-825 H/W ver. C1, F/W ver. 3.01 or later
* DIR-826L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DIR-835 H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.04 or later
* DIR-836L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DIR-845L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DIR-850L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.10 or later
* DIR-857 H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DIR-860L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.04 or later
* DIR-868L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.07 or later
* DIR-880L H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.00 or later
* DAP-1650 H/W ver. A1, F/W ver. 1.02 or later
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I like the app, but it has some problems. Sometimes it chars he's when uploading archives.
It gives the photos names (upload date and time) which for some people can be complicated and on the file upload list.
When a file is uploaded, the "letters and numbers become all messed". When the archive is uploaded, it's name and size continues in the line and combine with the next file on the list. He result is that you can't read what's on the list.
First impression from DIR-506L
I purchased DIR-506L to be able to browse pictures and videos from my cameras on iPad. Here is my first impression after playing with this App for an hour:
• Setup is simple. It took me a minute or two to make it work. I have D-Link router and AP and familiar with D-Link UI. It is good that the DIR-506L setup is similar to other D-Link products.
• Since I inserted the SD card with adapter, the unit started to build the file list (I guess) and it took several minutes. During this time WI-FI was off and I could not connect iPad to it. Since I just wanted to browse SD it was very annoying. Air Stash, for example, does it in several seconds. It would be nice if this unit/software would have just a folder browsing mode without sorting all files on the external drive by categories (pictures, music, etc.) giving a quick access to the content of the drive.
• The slide show is okay. It has a good performance. D-Link shows pictures faster than Air Stash. I would be nice to have an option to zoom pictures.
• I have two Nikon and Canon cameras. Both create videos in MOV format. The app plays video but does not paly sound. This is a defect, because using the WEB UI I can play the same video with sound. Please fix this.
• There are problems with playing 1080P MOV files due to the low streaming speed. I think this maybe related to the Wi-Fi steaming limitation. It would be nice if the buffering of the stream would work better.
Worst App Ever
If I were running Dlink, I'd be embarrased to put out such a worthless piece of crap. My DIR-645 is listed as compatible on their web site but when I install this app it fails to allow me to edit the login info so it is impossible to even get it to connect. I updated the firmware and I have no problem using a web browser to login and view my files on the attached USB drive. I can even login with mobile safari. But this app simply sits there and does nothing. It is inconceivable how they canput out something this buggy. Try to find some support on their web site- that is just as bad if not worse! I'm done with Dlink - my last product from them. I'll sell it on ebay and return to using Linksys.
The developer, D-Link International, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- D-Link International PTE LTD
- 5.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © D-Link Systems