Sharezie magically and instantly shares all of your favorite event photos between groups of friends in real time! Simply create an event, invite your friends and have fun while Sharezie does the sharing for you!
The days of "Hey, please remember to send me that photo!" are over! Jump into your event album any time to view all the photos taken by everyone in your group and have fun liking them, commenting on them and of course posting the gems to your favorite social media pages. And the best part is groups are private, so you'll never worry about outside eyes... only group members can see the photos. With Sharezie you'll never miss a special moment, or the perfect photo... as long as someone took it, you all have it!
- Chat is back!
- App settings has a new UI
- Event settings has a new and improved UI
- Other fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
There are things that could be done better. (Suggestions)
Overall, the design and concept of the app is nice. I like the simplicity of the interface and wish some other apps had a layout like this.
While I do like this app a lot so far, as the title suggests, there are some things that could be done better in this app, and I have my own suggestions. Keep in mind I’ve only been using this long enough to create a scheduled event in the next two weeks, set up my profile, and explore.
1) allow our usernames to be unique. this is especially important for my second point.
2) user search. The app is designed to share photo albums, but there’s only an option to share to people who are nearby or in your contacts list. This could create a problem for those who want to share photos with a family members or friends who couldn’t come, and may have forgotten to log that family member/friend’s number. It doesn’t have to be a photo sharing platform like instagram, where everything is public, but at least add a user/phone number search to invite people to see the album. *This suggestion is for people who don’t know or forgot their friends’ phone number. It could become really handy.* 🤷🏻♀️
3) photo review. The app is based around automatically uploading photos to an album, but there should be an option in settings somewhere for people who want to go through photos individually before uploading.
The only thing I really don’t like about this app is you’re required to enter your phone number at signup. This is also where you may lose users who don’t want to give that info out... It vaguely reminds me of Twitter, which locked me out of my 4 year old account (for no reason!) and demanded my phone number in exchange for access again.
Sorry if this review sounds a bit confusing, but hopefully you’ll know what I mean by some of it.
Developer Response ,
Hey there Goreystep thanks so much for your thoughtful review and rating, we really appreciate it! My name is Peter and I am the co-founder of Sharezie and I'd love to help you with a few of your points because I think the app actually does a few of the things you were hoping for, and we have your other points already in our roadmap!
So regarding usernames, you are absolutely able to individualize your usernames both when you first sign up, or if already a user, in the profile settings. You can access your settings by tapping the menu icon fro your top level 'albums' screen, or you can always swipe right from off screen to access the menu at any time as well. Once in the menu tap settings, change your username to whatever you like and tap save!
2. Regarding inviting friends or family to albums there are a whole bunch of convenient ways, the first being that you can search you contacts and add anyone. Assuming they aren't already Sharezie members (Like my own parents for example! ;) you just tap their names, choose the tel number you like to invite them on and Sharezie will open up iMessage and invite them. Even easier, you can enter an album, tap members tab, tap "Add Member" and then "Invite with Link". This is where things get cool - you can actually ask anyone with an iPhone to just open their camera and point it at the QR code and they get an on-screen link to follow. It's like a magic trick try it! Also, you can simply tap "Copy" and then paste the link into your favourite messaging app including What's App, FB Messenger or whatever you like!
Regarding manually uploading photos, we are actually introducing an 'approve all photos' setting but even now you can achieve the same effect by creating or joining an album, going into the "settings" I mentioned earlier and then toggle off "Share Photos Using Regular iPhone Camera". Now the photos you take wont be shared. THEN... just go into the album whenever you like, tap the big white button and tap "Add Photos" which will bring up your camera roll and you can share whatever photos you like whenever you like!
Lastly, we're sorry to hear about your dislike for the phone number requirement. It's just the easiest way to individualize devices so we made to choice to go with it. That said, we are releasing a new build in the next day or so with an all new sign-up/sign-in that we think you'll find muuuuuch faster and easier! We also have super easy magic links in case you forget your password, again super simple to use!
We also have a bunch of other fun thing coming out shortly including grouping duplicates and collaborative photo editing. I really hope you'll enjoy our new features. In the mean time thanks again so much for your review and please keep in touch! You can reach me any time and firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or ideas at any time!
(Last thing, if you're an Instgrammer, 'tap n' hold' any photo you like for an instant sharing option!)
Developer Response ,
Hey loserkiller69, we always appreciate feedback though we'd love to hear why you disappointed with your Sharezie experience. If you have a few moments please let us know at email@example.com so we can better understand how we can improve the app! Thanks.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 9449728 Canada Inc.
- 202.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Sharezie
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.