Shark Bridge offers unlimited hands, duplicate bridge game, Daily Tournament with MP (%) scoring.
You can play and review boards with the complete auction and play details, from International, North American, and European competitions.
Internet is not required, except for Daily Tournaments and the Online Bridge Club.
Shark Bridge is the winner of the 2014 and 2011 World Bridge Computer Championships.
You can email hands to your partner or other bridge friends for discussion as long as they have Shark or another bridge app capable of opening PBN/LIN files. Share the fun! You can also import bridge deals form your computer disk or the Intenet.
Shark Bridge features:
- Bidding systems: Standard American 5 card major( SAYC or Shark flavor), 2/1 Game Force, Std English Acol (in development) bidding systems.
- Duplicate bridge game.
- Bridge tournament boards.
- Play bridge offline ( no Internet ) or live on the Internet with your friends and foes.
- Never wait for a bridge table to fill in, our high-quality robot will play bridge when needed.
- Hints and auction analysis are available at any time. Ask the Shark Bridge, and it will help.
- Get suggestions when declarer is on the lead to a trick, Shark will recommend a play strategy.
- Open PBN (Portable Bridge Notation) and LIN ( VU-Graph) files from your email.
- Choose from regular and 4-color card decks.
Bridge Enthusiast In-App purchase ($19.99) upgrade offers:
- Play an unlimited number of random deals.
- 9 WBF,ACBL and European bridge tournaments from 2014,2013,2011.
- Save deals to your Personal Deal Library.
- Email bridge hands from your Personal Deal Library.
- Basic Online Bridge Play: create, join, and kibitz at any table.
- Deal Analysis.
- One year free VIP subscription.
VIP subscription ($24.99/year) unlocks additional features and services:
- Daily tournament with 16 boards, compare your skill with the rest of our VIP members. Study the deals from past competitions.
- 32 WBF, ACBL, and European bridge tournaments from recent years, including 2016. More are in the works.
- VIP online play: manage friends, block players, invite players.
- Par Contract Calculator.
- Personal Deal Library: all saved deals are instantly available to all of your devices.
- Advanced Deal Generator.
- Highest priority for feature requests.
Bridge Bidding Systems: Standard American 5 card major( SAYC or Shark flavor), 2/1 Game Force, Acol, and Swedish 5-Card major bidding systems, more are in the works.
Each bridge system includes the most popular conventions, and you can further customize it with :
1NT / 2NT range and hand distribution options
Gambling 3NT or strong 25+ HCP 3NT
Jacoby and Texas Transfers
Weak two Spades, Hearts, Diamonds
Strong 2 Clubs
Four versions of Blackwood: 4 Aces, 5 Aces, RKC or RKC 1430
Two-way new minor forcing (XY-NT)
Michaels Cue Bid
Maximum Overcall Double
In 2009 and 2010 Shark won the individual event at the World Computer Bridge Championships
In 2014 Shark defeated B Baron 25, MicroBridge, WBridge5 and Robo Bridge
In 2011 Shark defeated B Baron 22, MicroBridge, WBridge5, QPlus Bridge, and Robo Bridge
Shark play bridge engine was designed and programmed by John Norris, an international bridge master, and Danish Bridge Champion.
The shark robot is the most human-like playing bot; it has been tested against professional players and proved to be a worthy opponent.
Improved play engine.
Load your own hands at online tables.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
AI’s bidding is getting more atrocious, which I didn’t think was possible! Oh, and, it cheats! West bids 4 Clubs while holding a hand of 5 points and two lowly cards in clubs. East meanwhile has 7 cards in Clubs including A, K & J, which West seems to be aware of. I doubled and took them down -3.
Similar scenarios have happened so often that I’ve given up taking screenshots since it doesn’t seem that the Devs have any interest in improving the AI. Time to uninstall and move on.
Update: I’m truly glad to know that you are dedicated to improving the AI. I’ve taken a bunch of screenshots that I can email you, if that will help. I’ll try and report the hands via the button but, I don’t think it’s possible after the hand has been played. That button is not accessible when Shark shows on the pop up screen what it would have bid and scored.
Rather than playing online, which depends on the schedule of others, I prefer to play against the AI. I would be happy to pay if I saw some real improvements with the AI’s bidding algorithm.
Thanks for your response.
I much preferred the previous version of this app. The “improvements “ to AI in this version are a joke!
Even on the conservative setting, the Robot makes very aggressive bids for my partner North, invariably leading to a loss.
What’s most galling is that, at the end of the game, Shark’s own analysis is that North should have bid differently!
Developer Response ,
The AI have not been neglected, for us that is the fun part of this project . We would like to see the boards for which you are not happy with the bidding, please use the Report button on the bottom right of the bridge table, it will send us the info we need to look at it and improve it.
As for money, the $20 are there not to make us rich, compared to any other bridge App Shark is practically free, it is there so that only people serious about the game of bridge stay on our system.
Shark is coded by and for bridge enthusiast !!!
- The Shark Bridge Company Inc
- 176.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © The Shark Bridge Company Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Bridge Enthusiast $19.99
- Yearly VIP subscription $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.