SSH client designed for usability and performance.
RELIABLE AND FAST
• Hardware accelerated text rendering.
• Robust terminal emulation based on the PuTTY engine.
• Works great with programs such as 'screen' and 'irssi'.
CONTROL WITH GESTURES
• Default gestures optimized for irssi. Just swipe to switch channels or to scroll up and down.
• Fully customizable. Any keypress or action can be attached to any gesture.
• Save user credentials and configure a remote command such as ‘screen -rd’ to connect with one tap.
• 3D touch support. Connect directly from the iOS home screen.
• Easily bind custom actions to buttons on the keyboard toolbar.
• Works with custom iOS keyboards such as SwiftKey.
OPEN LINKS AND SELECT TEXT
• Familiar iOS text selection experience. Long-press on text to show the selection controls.
• Copy and paste text.
• Select a URL to easily open it in the web browser.
• iCloud sync support.
• Terminal color themes. Choose your favorite from the several themes included or make your own.
• Key file authentication support. Import an existing private key, or create a new key and export the public key.
• Host key verification and management.
• Agent forwarding (OpenSSH servers only).
• Keep connections alive while the app is in the background.
• Connection history with optional realtime location data.
• Plenty of other configuration options.
Please note that some features require a paid upgrade. You can try all features for free for a limited time.
• Fixed a crash when selecting 'Passcode Options' on iPadOS 14.
• Added a reminder to check Local Network Privacy settings when a connection attempt fails on iOS 14.
• Fixed an issue where the connections list didn't appear properly on iPad on older iOS versions.
• Added support for synchronizing data between devices over iCloud (disabled by default but can be enabled in app settings).
• Updated background connections with new options to extend maximum background connection time.
• Added connection history with optional location tracking.
If you encounter any issues or have other feedback, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic app at fantastic value
This is definitely a first rate SSH app, and the 14 day free trial of premium features gives you a chance to really test drive it before committing. The premium upgrade is downright cheap, and a no brainer. I suggest everyone get it ASAP. 4.5 stars for the background connection issue I mention next.
My only issues so far: 1) It would be nice if the app at least notified you when it was about to close a connection while in the background. Termius does this on it’s free plan, and has a work around to keep connections open even longer on their much more expensive premium plan. 2) Mosh support would be nice. 3) I feel like the developer is unknown, and their website doesn’t even mention this app. Very strange considering how well executed this app seems.
Solid App with Rough Edged
Firstly, this a solid app that absolutely delivers what it should, a full-fledged ssh session on the iPad. It is certainly worth paying for.
That said…this is my “backup” ssh client. There are a couple of cases where I have to use it to correct something that jumbled the display, and it has always come through for me. But I am no kind of iPad power-user; the gesture I have mastered is not one the iPad responds too (alas). This app is just a little too creaky in the user settings area for me to be able to work the way I need to.
Truthfully, that is a minor point, and as long as the user is reasonably proficient with gestures and the iPad/iOS environment, I would say this is every bit as good as most of the ssh clients, and it has a great price with good support.
The app also requires the user to “thumb” in on each launch, and it will not switch back and forth between foreground and background. For me, this is a feature, and a good one. It prevents careless use of what is, after all, a secure session on an important asset. I do not know if that behavior is configurable or not—since I like it, I have no interest in altering it.
Cracking toast, Gromit!
A very slick, polished app, and it surprises by doing something useful when you start to think “I wish it would...” and you gets surprised when it does it (or comes very close).
It is clear the product has been developed by people who have logged many, many hours of left seat time working via SSH. They know what is useful and what just gives “good demo”.
The upgrade to the Pro version is exactly that. If all you ever do with SSH is login to reset the time or run backups, you may not need the upgrade. But it is a nice example of how to have a baseline product which isn’t lame-ware, and a Pro upgrade that isn’t just LEDs in the wheel wells.
And the upgrade price is a real bargain.
If this were a diner, the touring musician’s rating would be “Good Grease!”
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ville Makynen
- 12.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Ville Mäkynen
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade To Pro $3.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.