"10/10" - AppAdvice
"9/10" -Pocket Gamer, Gold Award
"9/10" - TouchArcade
"9/10" - 148Apps
Play the cult classic puzzle game critics are raving about! Shibuya Grandmaster is an addictive and mind-bending arcade puzzle game, in the vein of Tetris, Puyo Puyo, and Lumines. It's a challenging game, but the hardest part of all may be getting yourself to stop!
"The secret of Shibuya is that it demands skill at a whole bunch of different things at once... It's fast, furious and utterly enthralling." -Pocket Gamer
- Completely original gameplay, celebrated by the PAX 10, IGF, and critics.*
- An old-school arcade experience based on developing pure skill.
- An addictive progression system which constantly teaches you to improve.
- 7 gameplay speeds, up to the impossibly fast Gentle Rain.
- 60fps silky-smooth and responsive gameplay.
- Customization via a wide variety of atmospheric backgrounds and color sets.
- 5-song licensed soundtrack.
- Colorblind-friendly color set swapping.
- Leaderboards across multiple categories to challenge your friends.
* Praise for the original Shibuya (2010):
“Shibuya is a great puzzler that I recommend without hesitation. It’s rare to find a fresh color-matching puzzle game, but Shibuya succeeds.” -IGN
"A touch-controlled narcotic" -Gameshack
“While Shibuya is very easy-to-learn, it isn’t so easy to put down once you get hooked by its charms” -Macworld
Selected for the PAX 10 Indie Showcase, 2010
Honorable Mention for the IGF's Best Mobile Game
IOS Indie Game Of The Year - DIYgamer
About in-app purchases: the only in-app purchases in Shibuya Grandmaster come in the form of optional, one-time purchases of additional backgrounds and color schemes, nothing that affects gameplay in any way. You can get everything available (and everything we'll ever add) at a steep discount with the Everything Forever purchase.
- Enabled three additional backgrounds for all players, along with song eight2eight.
- Minor interface changes.
- Shibuya Grandmaster has become a premium app. Certain additional backgrounds are still available.
Ratings and Reviews
One of the All-Time Great Puzzle Games
Shibuya Grandmaster is in a rare class of perfect puzzlers; right up there with other classics such as Lumines, Dr. Mario, Tetris Attack, Bejeweled, Tertrisphere, Super Puzzle Fighter, and of course the original Tetris.
The game is easy to learn and have fun with right out of the gate, yet it scales to an insane level of difficulty—one that will make you feel like a transcendental puzzle god by the end. A round takes just two minutes at a pop. Ascending to Grand Master will take weeks, if not months or even years.
If you are a fan of any of the games I mentioned above, this is no brainer. Spend without fear! In a world of free to play, this title is worth the up front cost many times over.
Been playing for years
Insta-bought the original after playing it at PAX many years ago. Had no idea this new edition existed until a few days ago! This game is pure distilled action puzzle loveliness. It sounds cliche, but you get into a flow state with this game and come out of many rounds totally exhilarated. Highest recommendation!
This game is so strangely addictive. The more you learn it the better you want to get at it, the better you want to get the deeper the game becomes. Keep it up Developers!
- Nevercenter Ltd. Co.
- 279.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Nevercenter Ltd. Co.
- In-App Purchases
- Everything Forever! $1.99
- Background: Starry Mountain $0.99
- Background: Space Planet $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.