ShimmerVerb combines a massively lustrous reverb with parallel pitch shifters to add ethereal layers making any signal, well, "shimmer." Oftentimes, producers would achieve the effect by using Eventide pitch shifting hardware such as the H910, H949, or H3000 or other rack mount units in combination with a reverb. This production technique was popularized by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno on U2's The Unforgettable Fire. Now, this iconic sound has been refined and extended with a modern, unified interface that is great for adding dreamy ambiance to guitars, keys, synths, samples, and vocals. In typical Eventide fashion, features have been added such as the ability to infinitely feedback the signal, resulting in cascading reverbs that smear into oblivion. Feedback can be further fine-tuned by specifying which frequencies are fed back through the low/mid/high cross-over network.
ShimmerVerb shines via its playable, performance-based parameters. "The Ribbon" is an easy to program performance macro allowing users to morph between two settings with one control. Desktop users can plug in a MIDI keyboard and gain tactile command over this function via the modulation wheel. Ribbon mappings are great for Feedback swells, moving the Pitch knobs, or changing the Size for a massive detuning result. ShimmerVerb also boasts a HotSwitch for calling up another state of parameters inside the same preset. Use this for changing octaves, turning off/on the pitch shifters, or simply turning the Mix up or down while crafting your performance. Finally, the Freeze button allows you to make smeared textures out of single voices, full pads, or percussive elements resulting in metallic "shimmers."
- Unique reverb plug-in with parallel pitch shifters on the reverb tail
- Easily pitch with perfect fourths, fifths, and octaves
- Micropitch tuning available around perfect intervals
- Four octaves of pitch shifting (from two octaves down to two octaves up)
- Delay pitched signals up to one second or sync them to your DAW's tempo
- Feedback determines how much delayed signal is fed back into the input of the reverb
- Low, Mid, and High cross-over network determines which frequencies are fed back
- FREEZE holds the current state of the reverb in a smeared texture
- The RIBBON allows for real-time modification of several parameters at once
- HOTSWITCH allows for instant switching between two sets of parameters within one preset
Added new presets from Fred Everything.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
God tier app
Didn’t think they could top crystals but here I am like a month later to report that shimmer is an absolutely essential tool. Make a synth playing a 3 note sequence sound like an orchestra in heaven. Do it
Pretty good, who does the preset naming?
And is he/ she a satanist? “Layers of the beast”, “Serpents Tongue”, “Fallen Angel”, “Demon Call”.... I own all the Eventide apps, I could go on with these names but it’s pretty blatant. Just strange to me unless whomever is naming these is a dirty luciferian, then it’s not weird at all - then it would make perfect sense.
Anyway, the app is whatever. Plenty of new names coming up on iOS at better prices (odds are good those devs won’t be satanists as well!) If you own some of the other Eventide apps, this one could easily be skipped.
Different from bleass shimmer sounds really good as well.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.