Shimmy Diagnoser is a powerful app that replaces a conventional Vibration (NVH) meter, for use in your vehicle. It can detect even the slightest of vibration, and not only present the frequency in a graph, but also tell what part of your vehicle that has a problem. The perfect tool for the DIYer or for the professional workshop.
Just enter your car’s information, drive in a speed that is causing the vibration and read the graph telling you the intensity.
Easy to use app for determining why your car shakes, shimmy or vibrates!
- Shimmy Diagnoser will show what type of vibration you are experiencing:
- Live plot of the vibrations in your car, in real time!
- Analyzing and statistics of problematic vibrations
- No need for a expensive bluetooth module, built-in rpm calculations
- Large varied database of vehicles included
- The ability to easily store the data of your car in a database
A link to our website, containing the Help Book, tells you what your vibration is caused by - and how you can fix it
- New feature for generating a PDF report based of the session
- Improved core functionallity
- Minor issues fixed
Ratings and Reviews
This tool is an inexpensive was to really visualize vibrations that occur in a vehicle. It's easy to use and very handy for isolation vibrations. You don't have to enter more information than the tire sizes, and this saves you a lot of time, especially under a tight dealership schedule...
Nice idea, but ...
This app graphs the car's vibrations. However, going from the graph to a diagnosis would be the useful step that is missing in this app. You feel the shimmy, the graph shows the shimmy, good. Is the shimmy due to poor balancing or poor alignment and of which tire? Is the problem critical or acceptable? What should you do about it? In my experience the app is not ready for prime time. Should you pay 18 bucks to encourage the developer to work on a useful version? If you feel like a generous sponsor, do it.
Developer Response ,
I'm so sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the app.
You must have gotten the old version of the HelpBook. Please view the HelpBook once more in your app.
1. The accepted level is stated in the HelpBook, it's 12mG. 2. The red boxes would be the app identifying your vibration problem. 3. After running the Diagnose, go to the HelpBook, and read about the vibration type that is causing your issue.
I really want the app to function for you, so please contact me with the issues and I'm happy to do what it takes to work these issues out!
I will also be happy to provide a full refund.
It takes a while to understand the concept, but once you do this is a very powerful tool!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oskar Dahl
- 11.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Wolie Motorsports
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.