SHOEBOX Audiometry is the first clinically validated automated iPad Audiometer. Listed as a Class II medical device with the FDA and Health Canada, CE Class IIa; SHOEBOX is the most intelligent, modern, and user-friendly device that can be used for diagnostic threshold testing. Thanks to its Response and Environment Adaptive Control Technology (REACT™)—which includes monitoring ambient noise levels—SHOEBOX is optimized and validated for use outside of a sound booth. SHOEBOX Audiometry Pro Edition, designed for clinical use, includes a full range of audiometric capabilities and is most often the system of choice for audiologists, ENT physicians, and CAOHC certified occupational hearing conservationists.
• Conforms to current ANSI, CSA, and IEC requirements
• Secure HIPAA compliant data backup to the web portal to store and manage patient data and audiograms
• Automated pure tone air testing, with masking & bone conduction testing
• Manual pure tone air and bone conduction testing with masking
• Assisted testing mode, for even faster test administration or for patients who require assistance
• 27 language options for the patient-facing screens in the automated test
• Built-in questionnaires to capture hearing health background information
• Pure Tone Average (PTA) automatically calculated and listed for each test ear
• Optional extended high frequency up to 16kHz
• Speech Discrimination Testing (NU-6, PBK word lists)
• Speech Reception Threshold and Speech Discrimination Threshold (SRT/SDT) testing with recorded speech stimuli in English, French and Spanish
• We are now compatible with the 7th generation iPad (note - must be running iPadOS 13 or later and we currently support use with the DD-450, B-81 and E-A-RTONE 3A transducers)
• Resolved an issue where the app was crashing when emailing summary reports
• Resolved a rare issue where the credentials are lost and must be re-entered
• Resolved a rare issue with the sound output of the bone transducer during automated testing
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Might be great...don't know
Looks well conceived but nowhere in description does it indicate that you need to set up an account that appears to involve a cost (difficult to find cost beyond 30 day trial offer). This might be good app but not for casual user and description should have indicated this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.