Shoebox is your personal photo collection with unlimited free photo backup for all your devices. Automatically backup your photos to keep your memories safe, secure and private. Carry every photo you’ve ever taken in your pocket or on your tablet without taking up space on your iPhone or iPad. Don’t risk losing photos if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
Shoebox is available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows and other mobile devices.
• 100% private and stored with the same encryption used by banks
• Unlimited cloud storage means no additional storage space taken up on your iPhone
• Rediscover your memories with 'This Day in History'
• View your Mac or PC photo collection directly on your iPhone
• View your iPhone’s photos on your computer without plugging in via USB
• Backup videos (iOS 8 or newer)
• Share select memories with friends and families
• Automatically backup your iPhone camera roll without plugging in to your computer
• Browse photos based on locations, camera, time of day, season, and many more
• View slideshows, and directly share photos to Facebook, Twitter, and more
• Free and Unlimited. Our free plan keeps all of your photos safe at a resolution of up to 10.6 megapixels with no expiration (3264 pixels on the longest side). We also offer Shoebox Pro - a optional paid subscription for $9.99 USD per month (renewing).
Check out what others have to say about us:
• Forbes - “Move Over Flickr, Photobucket and Picasaweb -- Here Comes MyShoebox...The cross-platform capability here surpasses the limitations of Google+ pic-sharing options, Apple’s iCloud and others.”
• TechCrunch - “MyShoebox offers a cloud photo storage service that goes beyond what most of those other companies provide...”
• PetaPixel - “The service offers native apps...that sync your entire photo collection to the cloud without you having to do any extra work”
• GSMNation - “If your phone finds itself buried in the snow during the post-dinner game of touch football, you won’t lose any of the priceless family photos that you took earlier in the afternoon.”
• Wedding Republic - “All of your photos are automatically backed up and you can access them anywhere. This offers an easy solution next time you’re at your Aunt’s house and everyone wants to see your wedding photos!”
• BlogTO - “What's unique about MyShoebox is that the cloud-based app bridges the ‘digital device divide’ since it can be used with Mac, Windows, iPhone, and [other mobile devices].”
Here’s what our users have to say:
• “11,000 photos - 11,000 to go. Not a hitch. LOVE MyShoebox. You guys rock! Thank you!” - @ActiveMoms
• “It's amazing what MyShoebox does with the EXIF data from my photos and how it displays them.” - @justinwgoldberg
• “Occasionally a startup solves a problem I have, today @MyShoebox does just that” - @dionlisle
• “Everyone who has iPhone...download the app MyShoebox. Unlimited cloud photo storage backup, it’s pretty awesome.” - @mark599097
• “I think @MyShoebox might just be the answer to my photo backup needs. Currently backing everything up into Google Drive but that sucks.” - @LukesBeard
Our free plan can be used forever. It will continue to safely backup an unlimited number of photos forever, for free. If you choose to upgrade to our Pro plan:
• Price may vary by location
• Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription in Settings after purchase. You may disable auto-renewal at any time (ensuring you won't be charged again).
The Shoebox service has shut down. We are providing a grace period for you to download photos and videos back to iPhone or iPad. This grace period is not indefinite, so please export as soon as possible.
This new build includes improvements to our export experience to make saving your photos and videos easy and fast:
• Improved support for exporting your entire collection back to your device
• Performance improvements and bug fixes to keep things running smoothly!
Ratings and Reviews
Sad to see it go
Loved this app and I am very sad to see it go ... now I’m having a huge problem with exporting my photos to my phone. The in app message says “it takes five minutes” ... I have now been exporting photos for over ten hours and my account is not even close to being done exporting. I followed the instructions on the app (which are the same as the ones on the website when I click on app support) and it has been taking ALL DAY. Not sure if it could be because of other people’s accounts being exported or something to do with my WiFi or what. It’s also having hundreds of errors exporting - do I just run the entire export over and over until I have no more errors?? Still giving five stars because this app has been absolutely incredible, just wish I didn’t have to keep my phone on and the app open literally all day in order to save my memories.
Love this app!
I was introduced to this app by some random girl I was chatting to online. I was complaining that I always lose all my iPhone photos when I get a new phone because I refuse to pay for Apple’s gimmicky “iCloud” service. She recommended I download Shoebox, and app she personally uses to solve the problem of losing photos. I downloaded, seamlessly uploaded all of my photos and videos to Shoebox’s servers, and immediately got out all my old iPhones too upload all my photos from them too! Finally, I can view and download all my old photos on my new iPhone easily! This is great :) I chose to use the secure iCloud password, which is very hard to remember, so I recommend keeping your password somewhere you can remember Incase you break your iPhone and can no longer access your iCloud Keychain to put your difficult to remember password in!
Saved my memories
When Microsoft killed my email after telling me to create a new one & my main one would NOT be affected (cyber-stalker) along with it went my 1tb one drive with my nearly 21yr olds entire life’s worth of photos, my deceased beloved show horse who was that 1 special horse, if you’ve ever been around horses you’d understand you get that 1 that never leaves your heart they rise above everything else in your memories you sacrificed everything for them, spent every waking second with them well he was it. In one second every single photo I had was gone I literally started crying so hard I vomited but after google photos deleted my photos because of the unlimited photo size continuously resetting. Out of the blue Shoebox saved the day with my photos going back to 2002!!! Thank You Shoebox!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.