The Shonen Jump app is your official and trusted source to read the world’s most popular manga and comics straight from Japan.
READ MANGA FREE!
• Read the latest chapters from hit series FREE the same day they come out in Japan!
• Includes hit series like My Hero Academia, Dragon Ball Super, One Piece, and Boruto: Naruto Next Generations!
• New chapters weekly, with brand new series added regularly!
MEMBERS GET MORE!
• Becoming a member unlocks the Shonen Jump digital vault of 10,000+ manga chapters!
• Catch up on current hits from any point, revisit old favorites from the beginning, and discover new series
• Includes nearly every series Shonen Jump has published in English, including the mega-hits Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and Haikyu! And lots more!
• ONLY $1.99/month (USD*)! Start your 7-day free trial today! Details below.
BUILD YOUR GRAPHIC NOVEL LIBRARY
• Get into a new series or finish collecting your favorites
• Read free previews of paid volumes before purchasing
• Includes the full Shonen Jump catalog, featuring series that inspired hit anime like One Punch Man, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures and The Promised Neverland!
• Home of digital-exclusive series: Tokyo Ghoul Jack, Astra Lost in Space and élDLIVE
ENJOY OUR ADVANCED READER
• Stream manga to read without filling up your device’s storage
• Download manga to read offline
• Bookmark your favorite moments
• Purchase once, read on any iOS device
• Use landscape mode to view awe-inspiring 2-page spreads as they were drawn
Shonen Jump Membership Details
• For only $1.99/month (USD*), unlock up to 100 chapters every day from the Shonen Jump digital vault of 10,000+ manga chapters!
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Memberships will automatically renew every month (your iTunes account will be charged $1.99 (USD*) for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current membership period), unless auto-renew is turned off before the payment is charged.
• You can turn off auto-renew at any time. Go to your iTunes account settings and manage your Shonen Jump subscription.
• 7-day free trial limited to 1 per user. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if applicable, will be forfeit when you purchase a subscription.
*Prices may vary to reflect your local currency.
Questions? Comments? Please let us know at email@example.com
• Fade out previously read chapters
• For simulpubs, show when the next chapter will arrive
• Minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
New and improved
I was an on and off reader for a while sometimes picking up the occasional volume and reading the free stuff but I always wanted to dig deeper into. The new system is amazing I am having so much fun catching up on all the current running manga and becoming a part of the conversation. The subscription price is dirt cheap and is an amazing deal for what you are getting. The books load very fast though I do wish it had a guided view like comiXology. The way you add books is also cumbersome. They only have a section for purchased and downloaded items, I would much rather prefer if i could add books I intended to read later without having to download them. Another minor gripe would be a lack of recommendations, so far I’ve been going off of currently running and recommended manga but I would like to dig deeper into the vast library they offer. Maybe a rotating roster of recommended books on the home page would fix this easily. Other then those minor problems the app has been greatly satisfying and I highly recommend it for anyone looking to get into manga.
It could have been five if not for common sense issues being resolved.
This is an amazing app with a library of incredible manga, and the $2 a month is an amazing deal. The only reason it didn’t achieve a five star rating from me was the lack of bookmarks making it a hassle to keep track of currently publishing manga and/or keeping track of what chapter you left off before closing the app. It would be great to have a favorites list where you can mark the mangas that you are following as well as a bookmark feature that allows you to tap the mangas name and it automatically puts you in the chapter and page you where reading. Also lately the chapters for MHA, Black Clover and other Friday published works are being published Sunday, this is a big problem because you guys are Shonen therefore why are pirated sites beating you to a punch in publishing speed? I have been spoiled of several chapters of MHA and Black Clover because of this. Other than these two big problems there’re several minor glitches of missing pages or pages not loading even if you are connected to strong internet meaning its a server info problem. If these issues are fixed i have no doubt in my mind that i will revise my 4star rating to a rightful 5star rating.
Fantastic service with some still needed QOL updates
$2 a month for a huge archive of shonen is too good a deal to pass up. They have all my favorites and I can even catch up on chapters as they’re released. The reading experience is pretty solid too, with zoom and jumping between pages. That said, there are some annoying aspects of the app I’d like to see worked on.
For example, when “streaming” a series (reading without downloading) I’ve had trouble returning to the manga I was when I restart the app. There’s nothing on the home page to return to where I left off, and even on the browse / library pages my progress is totally untracked, so I have to remember what chapter I was on.
There are also a number of bugs and crashes. I’ve been getting black screens as I read that force me to restart, as well as some blank pages that I’m not sure are intentional, and chapters have begun to act as if I’ve already read them—so I start off on the last page when I open them. I managed to briefly scroll to page -1 today, which crashed the whole app. Funny stuff!
That said, I can live with the kinks, and hope they continue to improve a great core product.
- Viz Media iOS
- 38.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © VIZ Media, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Weekly Shonen Jump $1.99
- WSJ 16.05.09 $0.99
- My Hero Academia Volume 14 $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.