Shoot gives you a rock-solid connection to your iOS device’s camera with no overlays, letting you use your phone’s fantastic camera for meetings and live streams.
Connect to your computer over USB*, HDMI or AirPlay and stream live from Ecamm, OBS, Zoom or other streaming or meeting apps, for a professional-looking live stream.
Shoot is used thousands of times every month for everything from live music, DJ sets, podcasts, gaming and webinars, to church services, in classrooms, for sports, art, crafting, and even bingo, magic shows, puppet shows and drag shows.
EASY TO SET UP
1. CONNECT OVER USB (*Mac Only)
If you’re using a Mac, just plug in over USB.
DO NOT DISTURB is ESSENTIAL when connecting over USB on a Mac if you don’t want people to see your text messages!**
2. CONNECT VIA HDMI ADAPTER
If you have an HDMI Capture Card and an adapter you can connect to a Mac or Windows like any other device with HDMI output.
3. CONNECT WITH AIRPLAY MIRRORING
Or you could connect wirelessly over via AirPlay.
In fact, with a low-priced desktop app you can connect multiple cameras wirelessly and even switch between them automatically.
WHY IS SHOOT’S CONNECTION SO RELIABLE?
Streaming high-definition video is a resource-intensive activity and apps that don’t use native Screen Mirroring have the odds stacked against them.
This is why apps that create their own USB connection to an OBS plugin, or broadcast over NDI are inherently prone to instability, high latency, freezes, crashes, lost connections and other random problems.
Shoot just uses the system's native Screen Mirroring to keep things simple and stable.
TWEETS AND REVIEWS
Streamers with huge followings love this app.
"@michaelforrest thank you for your camera app, it’s amazing." — Alexandra Botez (@alexandravbotez) August 3, 2021
There are lots of great reviews too.
“The best app to turn your iPhone into a webcam by far!” - Talks Of Our Time Podcast
“Fantastische Software!” - Zahn–Rat
“Essential app for educators [...] Developer is super responsive and friendly!” - 0301chris
See the website at shoot.clean.camera for more tweets and reviews.
• Gestures allow focus locking, zooming
• Overlays disappear
• Full manual control of ISO, Shutter Speed, EV± Exposure Bias, Manual Focus, White Balance Lock and Color Temperature
• Guides to help you get set up on Mac and PC
• Supports older devices - iOS 12 and newer
• Battery-saving mode preserves resources
• 60fps, vertical video - whatever you need is probably in Settings
• Disable image stabilisation if your kick drum is causing the camera to judder
• Apple Watch App for switching cameras, controlling zoom, exposure, focus and white balance so you can adjust the picture from where you’re sitting or standing
• Virtual Green Screen [Experimental]
• Portrait Effect [Experimental]
SHOOT PRO SUBSCRIPTION
For additional features you can subscribe for “Premium Updates”. And features that were created up until the end of your subscription will be unlocked forever.
MICROPHONE [Shoot Pro]
Include microphone audio.
DRAWING [Shoot Pro]
You can now draw over footage with Shoot's virtual whiteboard.
PAUSE [Shoot Pro]
Sometimes you want to pause the video before you start drawing on it, or exporting it as an image.
GRIDS [Shoot Pro]
A grid overlay is a simple but effective way to make your footage look more professional.
DON’T BE A NERVOUS WRECK ON-STREAM
An unreliable camera means you’ll be on-edge when you’re live. If your camera keeps crashing you’ll lose viewers.
Shoot helps you create a high quality, reliable stream, so you can be in high spirits, entertaining a quickly-growing audience.
DON’T KEEP YOUR COLLEAGUES WAITING
When you have a work call, you don’t want to be fiddling around with unreliable connections, starting late after technical difficulties, crashing and disappearing halfway through a sentence. You want the best possible connection so you’ll look great and get a promotion.
* Performance bugs and glitches
* Battery saver mode switch should not cause side-effects
* Clean up the interface for auto-users
• Pro manual controls, added shutter speed, EV offset, white balance
Premium Unlocks Now Available:
* MIC over HDMI or Ecamm USB
• PAUSE and save images
• GRIDS in multiple styles so you can line up the perfect shot
• DRAW on top of live video with the virtual whiteboard
Ratings and Reviews
Just bought, but it’s not quite working
I was so hopeful to easily use my iPhone as a second camera in Zoom, but am not seeing the options to use the iPhone via lightning cable when I click in Share Screen in Zoom on the desktop. If it doesn’t work, I have no other use for the app that I can think of.
Excellent customer service
I bought this app to use with ECamm but I’m not real tech-savvy so I couldn’t figure out how to make the camera display vertically. I watched hours of you tube videos, reached out in different Facebook groups, reached out to ECamm, blah blah blah. No help. Finally decided to reach out to the developer & no kidding-had a personal response & the solution in my inbox in less than half an hour! (Simple fix-choose “allow vertical video” in the app settings on my phone.) Thank you!!!
I’ve been using Shoot off and on for the past year for live-streaming but it wasn’t until the developer added the option to output the camera feed via clean HDMI that I was completely sold. Special props to the developer for fixing an issue I had with output within a matter of a couple days. Now that is what I call costumer support! Highly recommended.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Good To Hear Ltd
- 37.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Michael Forrest
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Premium Updates $15.99
- 3 Months Premium Updates $7.99
- 6 Months Premium Updates $12.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.