This app gives you a clean feed with no overlays from the camera to your screen and stops your device from going to sleep. This allows you to stream camera video via AirPlay, HDMI or Lightning cable to a Desktop App like OBS, eCamm Live or Zoom, allowing you to stream to Twitch, YouTube or Facebook Live, or use your device as a webcam for video conferences.
DO NOT DISTURB MODE MUST BE ACTIVATED when connecting to a Mac via Lightning cable. Otherwise notifications or other interruptions may appear.
WINDOWS USERS: AirServer or similar AirPlay receiver is required when using with Windows. Mac users can connect with Lightning if AirPlay receiver is not available.
- Provides clean camera feed with no overlays
- Prevents screen auto-lock
- Manual control of focus and exposure (where supported)
- Up to 4K resolution when streaming via AirPlay or HDMI to a supported device.
- For Lightning connection, camera matching your device resolution is used (don't forget to activate "Do Not Disturb" to prevent notifications from being displayed)
- Supports front camera, back camera and ultra-wide camera (where available)
- Advanced features available via menu or gestures (a guide is provided)
- Up to 60fps video supported
- Switch between front, back, ultra-wide and telephoto lenses
- Autofocus and exposure lock via long press
- Lock white balance with two-finger long press
- Pinch for digital zoom
- Includes experimental camera effects including
- Virtual green screen using the TrueDepth camera creates green background that can be keyed out in your desktop streaming software
- Portrait-style effect to blur out your background
- Switch between cameras and control some settings via Apple Watch
- Settings and guides available within the app menu, including
- how to use with AirPlay and OBS
- how to use with Lightning cable and OBS
- how to use with Zoom as a webcam for meetings
- how to use in a multi-camera set-up
- Ability to switch to "Classic" behaviour with the tap menu disabled and all preferences managed via guestures and the system Settings app
Adds new setting if you don’t want to see your face camera as a reflected image
Preserves zoom when toggling battery-saving mode
Fixes problem where iPad would send video of the wrong aspect ratio
Manual control of focus and exposure (where supported).
Better support for vertical video.
Energy Saving mode when mirroring via HDMI or AirPlay lets you turn off the device camera (but more importantly means it doesn't have to be replicated on two displays so the 60% more efficient native renderer can be used).
More explanation content to clarify the difference between Lightning Cable and HDMI or AirPlay connections.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using Shoot off and on for the past year for live-streaming but it wasn’t until the developer added the option to output the camera feed via clean HDMI that I was completely sold. Special props to the developer for fixing an issue I had with output within a matter of a couple days. Now that is what I call costumer support! Highly recommended.
Essential app for educators
Best app for my use case, streaming a clean HDMI feed from my iPad Pro into a Blackmagic Design Atem Mini as a webcam in zoom meetings. Only app that can also turn off the display while streaming video through the USB port to save battery. Developer is super responsive and friendly!
Just bought, but it’s not quite working
I was so hopeful to easily use my iPhone as a second camera in Zoom, but am not seeing the options to use the iPhone via lightning cable when I click in Share Screen in Zoom on the desktop. If it doesn’t work, I have no other use for the app that I can think of.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Good To Hear Ltd
- 29.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Michael Forrest
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.