WHAT IS SHOT DESIGNER?
• CAMERA DIAGRAM - Shot Designer dramatically speeds up the Director's process of making camera diagrams. Create full-blown diagrams in seconds. The software does most of the work.
• ANIMATION - Animate your characters and cameras to move around your diagram in real-time. Previsualize the rhythm of a scene by seeing it play out.
• SHOT LIST - The integrated Shot List is tied into the diagram and writes itself while you work. Edit shots intuitively in the diagram, not in a confusing spreadsheet.
• DIRECTOR'S VIEWFINDER / STORYBOARDS - Bring in lens-accurate camera angles via the integrated Director's Viewfinder or Storyboard Import.
• MAC/PC DESKTOP VERSION - An identical Mac/PC Desktop Version is included with the Pro Version (in-app upgrade).
• SYNC & TEAM SHARING - Sync your scenes across all your devices. Share scene folders with teams. Control who owns which scene. (Pro Feature)
Watch the feature-demo at https://www.hollywoodcamerawork.com/shot-designer-videos.html
CAMERA-BLOCKING ON STEROIDS
Shot Designer was developed by Per Holmes, the creator of the renowned Hollywood Camera Work training, and has been developed in conjunction with major TV and Film productions.
Shot Designer is based on the realization that neither Camera Diagrams, Shot Lists, or Storyboards by themselves give you a satisfying understanding of camera-blocking -- you have to use them *together*.
Shot Designer is FAST. The app knows how Directing works and automatically does most of the work for you. Cameras rearrange themselves when you move characters. Animate characters and cameras with simple Walk To and Track To commands. Create sophisticated tracking shots with multiple marks. Shot Designer is fast enough that you can rearrange the diagram with actors waiting.
• Integrated Set Designer for building floor plans.
• Integrated Lighting Designer for DPs, with lighting symbols provided by Ari Golan of Atomic Imaging Studios Chicago.
• Import production drawings as backgrounds and block on top of them.
• Factory Templates of pre-made camera setups for any situation.
• Make your own templates as starting points for new scenes.
• Large and growing prop/furniture library. Email us requests, we'll build them.
• Scene Freeze: Experiment easily by taking snapshots you can return to (Pro).
• PDF/JPG/Excel export and emailing of Camera Diagrams and Shot Lists (Pro).
• Unlimited Folder Structure for organizing scenes (Pro).
The Free Version of Shot Designer is full-featured except for Save, Export and Sync/Team. Your current scene is always saved, and you can be fully productive working on one scene at a time. The Pro Version (in-app upgrade) adds File Management, identical Mac/PC Desktop Version, Sync and Team Sharing, PDF/JPG/Excel Export and more.
Fixed crash on long-press in editor.
Ratings and Reviews
App does more than anything else on the market
Nothing's perfect. But this app is invaluable as a teaching tool in my lighting classes. I can project the iPad screen and display, change and discuss lighting situations with students in class, before we move to setting up equipment. This saves valuable time and gets the students to think BEFORE they touch the lighting instruments.
The animation tools are good, but could be less clunky.
Also, can you add Google Drive as a option besides DropBox?
This app is an essential filmmaking tool. I’ve used it on everything from commercials and short films to TV drama and it’s fantastic. Stable, intuitive, easy to use, easy to read for Crew to understand what you’re trying to achieve. Currently shooting a high end tv drama and sending out my floor plans to all the crew weeks in advance so when we rock up to set everyone already knows what we’re doing - saving me so much time and energy to be creative. I create a Dropbox with pdfs of the plans and constantly update it so the crew always have the latest versions. Also the response from customer service etc is fantastic. Honestly, couldn’t work without it now.
Great tool I always use but recently there has been a glitch in the app where it doesn’t fill up the whole screen! Please fix!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hollywood Camera Work LLC
- 87.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 Hollywood Camera Work LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version Upgrade $19.99