Shotty gives you fast access to your recent screenshots from the menu bar on your Mac.
• Access all your recent screenshots from the menu bar.
• Drag and drop screenshots into any application.
• Annotate your screenshots quickly.
• Supports video screencasts too.
• Great design that you'll love.
People LOVE Shotty for its simplicity and convenience. Install Shotty and stop wasting time digging for your screenshots in Finder.
Shotty now supports video screencasts. Screen recordings taken with MacOS will now appear in Shotty so you can quickly share it, watch it, trim it in Quicktime, drag and drop it into a video editor, or just find it later. It's a whole new set of possibilities for sharing your screen.
As always feel free to contact me with any feedback or feature requests :)
Ratings and Reviews
UPDATE: I submitted feedback for a feature request after downloading 1.3, for Xcode iOS Simulator screenshots to be managed with Shotty. Not only did the developer reply to my request, the feature I requested is now available in 1.4! Where can I pay more money for this???
I’ve been using Shotty for several months, and it’s completely revamped how I manage screenshots. It’s had a few points of friction that slowed things down, but I’m thrilled to see that version 1.3 has fixed every single issue I had! Copying, annotating, and previewing improve my workflow almost as much as using Shotty did months ago. I’ve recommended this app to everybody in my office with a Mac, and I’d pay twice the listed amount again if I needed to!
Tips to supercharge screenshot management even further:
* Create a directory for screenshots: ~/Screenshots - with this, your desktop will forever be clean of screenshots and Shotty is right there in the menu bar to get at them!
* Automate cleanup - for power users, writing a shell script to remove all screenshots older than x days / weeks is pretty easy and can be automated with crontab (I set mine to delete screenshots once they hit 30 days old)
Great app from a great developer
Such a useful app for dealing with recent screenshots and makes it possible to drag and drop them in to apps. The developer is also so responsive to feature requests, as support for screenshots from the iOS simulator was added soon after being requested. So great!
I take dozens of screenshots every day and this app truly is a timesaver: all of them are just one click away in the menubar now. It had some minor glitches in the past, but recent updates made it a 5 stars experience for me. Also thanks for the dark mode!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.