ShowOne - Pro Backing Tracks 4+
Made By and For Musicians
One Zero One Audio
- Offers In-App Purchases
ShowOne is a pro app for musicians who use backing tracks live. You supply the music - we give you the features, flexibility, and stability to play your tracks in any live or rehearsal situation, right from your iPhone or iPad. Never again worry about printing click tracks, lugging cumbersome and expensive audio equipment to shows, or being stuck with songs in the wrong key or tempo.
▸ Featured in: Modern Drummer ("6 More Mobile Apps Every Drummer Should Know"), Keyboard Magazine, DRUM! Magazine, Electronic Musician Magazine, Bass Musician Mag, App Advice, Discchord, Music App Blog, and more
• Automatic click that syncs with your music
• Control each track's tempo, pitch, volume, start/end and more
• Voice and visual count-offs for any track
• Create unlimited sets; add/remove/reorder tracks easily; have tracks automatically play into next
• Choose from several custom and familiar click sounds
• Audio is split out the headphone jack so the musicians and audience only hear what they need to
• Rock solid and stable - no skips or glitches
• Clear and intuitive user interface - easy to read in high pressure live situations and on dark stages
• Import your music fast and privately via cloud (Dropbox, iCloud, etc) or iTunes File Sharing
• Use tracks that you’ve pre-recorded with clicks and cues to one side for more versatility ("User Cue" feature)
• Works with 3rd party interfaces from Apogee, PreSonus, iConnectivity, and many more
• Backup/restore to cloud and share via Airdrop all of your tracks and sets across multiple devices
▸ Features 4-channel operation! Send full stereo mix to audience with further cue routing options (available as in-app purchase, compatible interface required)
• NEW - iPadOS version in portrait and landscape orientation
▸ MIDI-compatible! Control ShowOne's transport with an external keyboard, drum pad or footswitch via MIDI interface. Control and sync with external gear with MIDI Clock output and per-track Program/Bank changes. Available as in-app purchases.
▸ ShowOne was created by an internationally known recording and touring artist and professional stage manager from the ground up with an eye toward what real musicians need.
• High quality time/pitch algorithm
• Click Mute/Delay/Accent are all adjustable for control over your time-keeping
• Exclusive ShowOne Crosstalk Control to help reduce crosstalk or bleed when splitting out headphone jack
• Works with most audio files (WAV/AIFF/MP3/AAC), 24 bit and up to 96k
• Big, striking Transport for ease of control
• Bar Counter, Tempo and Pitch displays so you always know where you are
• Free version is full-featured, limited to 2 user tracks at a time (unlimited track imports with paid version)
VERSATILE AND DEPENDABLE
• Made for iPhone® and iPad® (works on iPod touch®)
• Simple enough for beginners, powerful enough for the pros.
• Great for drummers, keyboard players, guitar or bass players, musical directors - whoever deals with backing tracks!
• National touring acts, local/regional bands, cover bands, church bands, solo artists, street performers, theater troupes - anything!
• AND - it works as a solid backup solution for more advanced setups
• AND - it’s an excellent practice tool as well! Speed up and slow down tracks with metronome for learning parts, change the pitch, etc.
MORE PRAISE FOR SHOWONE!
▸ "...it will probably pay for itself in convenience before you finish your first gig." - Music App Blog
▸ "ShowOne is the perfect tool for running tracks on stage or in rehearsal - no need to invest in a bunch of new gear!" - Nick Wheeler, All-American Rejects
▸ "Blown away by ShowOne…this software is the bomb!" - Bruce Murphy, Men Without Hats
▸ "Thanks for developing such a great app!" - Phil Bennett, Starship
- - - - - - - - - -
Go to www.ShowOneApp.com, check out the vids and FAQs, or drop us a line. We'd love to hear from you! And please LEAVE A RATING/REVIEW after you've used the app a bit.
IMPORTANT - this compatibility update will not work on iOS version 12.x or previous. Please switch to newer iOS versions before updating ShowOne.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says but slightly limited
This app is very good for playing backing tracks and I like the features it provides, however, I have two gripes:
1. The in-app purchases are on the nickel-and-diming side on things. Each upgrade is worth it, and they are well listed and described, however, I was surprised by the shear amount of them. I was expecting an unlock all features option. I get it though, the developers deserve compensation, and it is necessary to keep adding updates and features.
2. Only being able to output to channel 1 and 2 of an interface is a massive disadvantage. I was expecting to be able to select whichever outputs were necessary for a more complex setup. This limitation forces you to change your workflow to match what the app wants, instead of working the other way around. That’s a real downer and I hope it is addressed in the future.
Despite those two gripes, and some interface issues on modern iPhones (I’m looking at you performance mode’s close arrow), this is a pretty solid app that gets the job done.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the thoughtful and helpful review! We appreciate both the praise and the criticism and will take both to heart. We agree that having more control over outputs when connected to an interface would be beneficial to many users. We’re currently in between developers but will be resuming updates as soon as we have the right person. Thanks for using ShowOne! :)
Update: Problem solved! 👍🏼Something happened and now...
UPDATE: After communicating with the team for several weeks they were able to fix this problem with the newest update to 1.5 and now integrated to the iPad. I love this app! I’ve been using it for 4 hrs now. Love that it runs in the background while being able to view charts or adjust my in ear mix. It does it seamlessly.
Highly recommend and is super easy and the workflow is fantastic!
This was a great workhorse app but now is failing. Whenever trying to create a “Set” the app closes/quits. Everything is updated and has been deleted and redownloaded several times and is still failing. I’ve done reboots, hard resets and closed all other apps. I’ve deleted all tracks and rebooted from “restore” and still fails whenever I push “Set” to create one on both the iPad and iPhone. Super bummed out.
Developer Response ,
EDIT: Glad we could get this resolved for you, and thanks for updating your review! Having good communication with our users is of paramount importance to us. Happy ShowOne-ing!
Original Response: We’ve been in communication with you via email to resolve this issue. We just sent instructions on how to send us that crash log data so we can get to the bottom of this. Sorry for your trouble - this is a problem that is unique to you so if we get it resolved please consider changing this review. Thank you.
Great app for solo gigs, but battery drain
ShowOne has been a great help for my solo guitar gigs. I tweak pre-recorded backing tracks by adding cues in GarageBand. I bring them into ShowOne, where I can change
the key if I want. I add the backing tracks to specific sets, such as Latin or pop/rock or jazz. The only problem I have encountered is that my iPod touch seems to drain it's battery quickly when I use ShowOne during my gigs. Any ideas how to fix that?
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the rating/review Denis - glad ShowOne is helping at your gigs! :) Battery usage tends to vary a lot depending on the device used. Perhaps the iPod Touch battery is a bit less friendly than other devices. Before a show I would recommend quitting other apps, turning Airplane Mode on, and of course making sure the iPod has a fully charged battery. You could also try dimming the screen a bit or going into "Low Power Mode" for extra juice. But with a fully charged device I can't see the entire battery draining down over the course of one show...unless you play 6 hour shows! Hopefully that helps - good luck!
PS If you use an audio interface that takes power from the iOS device it will obviously drain the battery much faster, so keep that in mind as well.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- One Zero One Audio LLC
- 43.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 One Zero One Audio, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- ShowOne Basic Version $12.99
- Backup Restore $7.99
- Four Channel Mode $8.99
- Click Track Pack 1 $0.99
- MIDI Transport $3.99
- MIDI Advanced $3.99