With the SHOWTIME app, you can stream entire seasons, star-studded movies, groundbreaking documentaries, comedy, sports (including SHOWTIME Championship Boxing), and much more – all commercial-free. Watch all the latest episodes of your favorite shows whenever and wherever you are – live or on demand. New titles added all the time so there’s always something great to watch. On the go? Download full episodes and movies and watch offline. No cable subscription needed!
Simply download the SHOWTIME app to sign up for your free trial, then only $10.99/month. Create your account and start streaming on your favorite phone, tablet, connected TV, gaming console or on your computer by visiting Showtime.com. Cancel anytime.
The SHOWTIME app is a standalone streaming service that enables anyone with a high-speed internet connection in the U.S. to sign up for SHOWTIME.
*You will not be charged for the SHOWTIME streaming service during the free trial period. TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AND AVOID BEING CHARGED, YOU MUST CANCEL BEFORE THE END OF THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD. To keep your subscription once your trial period is over, you will not have to do anything.
© 2019 Showtime Digital Inc. All rights reserved. SHOWTIME is accessible for viewing solely in the United States and its territories and possessions with a high-speed broadband connection. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Free trial is available to new customers only.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Needs “Play from beginning” button
I love showtime and I love the choice of entertainment on showtime (Particularly Desus & Mero. However, I’m trying to rewatch episodes on my phone and I can’t. Since the show is at the very end of its duration and there’s no “Play episode from beginning” button it only plays the last few seconds of the episode and brings me back to the previous screen. Very frustrating because there’s literally nothing I can do to rewatch the Desus and Mero episodes. Besides that this app and showtime is perfect.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your interest in SHOWTIME and for providing this feedback. Your comments regarding episode navigation have been forwarded internally for consideration when making future app enhancements.
Okay, but there are better choices
I’ve subscribed to Showtime in the past to watch a few shows and then leave. I like some of the series, “The Loudest Voice” was good and I’m looking forward to starting the Kirsten Dunst series. Some of the documentaries are interesting but you need a better movie selection. “City on a Hill” is probably a good series but I couldn’t get past the profanity and racial slurs and stopped watching in the first 5 minutes of episode 1, I don’t know why it isn’t possible to tell a story without every other word being a curse word. Cops probably do speak like that in Boston, but to me it was excessive. The Roku app is a little confusing, especially the fast forward and rewind, and I’d like to see some “for you” recommendations similar to what the other streaming apps use. The live TV feed is a nice feature. However, I have trouble justifying the $11 a month membership over time because the selection is too limited. The streaming quality is good, and I’ve never experienced any buffering or technical problems.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We hate to hear that you are disappointed. We refresh our content throughout the month with the hope that you will always find something of interest, so hope that you will check back!
App is crashy, poor design
I was very excited to get showtime as I love so many of their shows, but the app has been a major let down.
Offline playback is nearly impossible. The app crashes after less than 10 minutes of playback, every time. About 50% of the time the player won’t rotate. I’m shocked this app has such a high rating with such a bad video player.
As a new user I’ve found the design confusing. It took me a week to find where my currently watching shows are. Why aren’t they on the front page of the app? Why isn’t there a “pick up where you left off” on the series page?
Two stars only because playback when connected to WiFi works okay.
Developer Response ,
We hate to hear that you are running into difficulty when attempting to access or watch SHOWTIME content, and we would like the opportunity to troubleshoot this with you and your device. Please reach out to us by visiting showtime.com/help where you will find contact options for customer support. We are here to help!
- Showtime Digital Inc.
- 63.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©2019 Showtime Digital Inc., a subsidiary of Showtime Networks Inc. All rights reserved. SHOWTIME and related marks are trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company.
- In-App Purchases
- SHOWTIME 1 MONTH TRIAL $10.99
- SHOWTIME 7-DAY TRIAL $10.99
- SHOWTIME SALE ON MONTHLY PLAN $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.