With the SHOWTIME app, you can stream entire seasons, star-studded movies, groundbreaking documentaries, comedy, sports (including SHOWTIME Championship Boxing), and much more – all commercial-free. Watch all the latest episodes of your favorite shows whenever and wherever you are – live or on demand. New titles added all the time so there’s always something great to watch. On the go? Download full episodes and movies and watch offline. No cable subscription needed!
Simply download the SHOWTIME app to sign up for your free trial, then only $10.99/month. Create your account and start streaming on your favorite phone, tablet, connected TV, gaming console or on your computer by visiting Showtime.com. Cancel anytime.
The SHOWTIME app is a standalone streaming service that enables anyone with a high-speed internet connection in the U.S. to sign up for SHOWTIME.
*You will not be charged for the SHOWTIME streaming service during the free trial period. TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AND AVOID BEING CHARGED, YOU MUST CANCEL BEFORE THE END OF THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD. To keep your subscription once your trial period is over, you will not have to do anything.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
California Privacy/Info We Collect https://www.showtime.com/#privacy/california
California Do Not Sell My Info https://ca.privacy.cbs/donotsell
© 2020 Showtime Digital Inc. All rights reserved. SHOWTIME is accessible for viewing solely in the United States and its territories and possessions with a high-speed broadband connection. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Free trial is available to new customers only.
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have tried everything I can think of and I have looked up ways to get it to work. I can not for the life of me get it to connect to my chromecast on any of my devices for the last three weeks now. Very frustrating. The icon does not show up on the screen, but does show up when I turn off WiFi but then I can’t connect to because I’m not connected to WiFi. Help!!
Developer Response ,
We are pleased to report that Chromecast accessibility is again available on your iOS device. Before attempting to access SHOWTIME programming, be sure to update the app on your device to the latest version from the App Store:
SHOWTIME (Version 2.6.2). Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue.
Okay, but there are better choices
I’ve subscribed to Showtime in the past to watch a few shows and then leave. I like some of the series, “The Loudest Voice” was good and I’m looking forward to starting the Kirsten Dunst series. Some of the documentaries are interesting but you need a better movie selection. “City on a Hill” is probably a good series but I couldn’t get past the profanity and racial slurs and stopped watching in the first 5 minutes of episode 1, I don’t know why it isn’t possible to tell a story without every other word being a curse word. Cops probably do speak like that in Boston, but to me it was excessive. The Roku app is a little confusing, especially the fast forward and rewind, and I’d like to see some “for you” recommendations similar to what the other streaming apps use. The live TV feed is a nice feature. However, I have trouble justifying the $11 a month membership over time because the selection is too limited. The streaming quality is good, and I’ve never experienced any buffering or technical problems.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We hate to hear that you are disappointed. We refresh our content throughout the month with the hope that you will always find something of interest, so hope that you will check back!
Constant need to log in again, doesn’t cast anymore, no auto play
There are a few persistent as well as a new issue with this app:
1. When you log into the app with your tv subscriber, it only keeps you logged in for a limited time, even when you’re signed into that tv provider with your iPhone. Very annoying to constantly have to re-enter your credentials.
2. Would be nice if the app auto played the next episode of a show. Also it would be nice if, similar to Netflix, you could pick up right where you left off in an episode/show from the home screen. But you have to go back into search, click through etc, to go to the last episode you watched and continue from there.
3. I used to watch shows from the app on my tv via my chrome cast, but for the past few months, there is no longer an option to cast from the app. I’ve troubleshooted, downloaded the latest app version, etc. yet nothing. All of my other streaming apps continue to work with chrome cast. This is a major drawback as this has resulted in my no longer using the app since this issue started (for at least 5 months now). Developers, when will this be fixed?
Developer Response ,
We hate to hear that you are running into difficulty when attempting to cast SHOWTIME content, and we would like the opportunity to troubleshoot this with you and your device. Please reach out to us by visiting showtime.com/help where you will find contact options for customer support. We are here to help!
- Showtime Digital Inc.
- 66.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- ©2019 Showtime Digital Inc., a subsidiary of Showtime Networks Inc. SHOWTIME and related marks are trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a ViacomCBS Company. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- SHOWTIME 1 MONTH TRIAL $10.99
- SHOWTIME 7-DAY TRIAL $10.99
- SHOWTIME SALE ON MONTHLY PLAN $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.