Shredder, the most successful chess program ever, is now also available for the iPhone. You can play against Shredder and solve chess puzzles. It offers the usual Shredder standard for your pocket.
The 12 times computer chess world champion Shredder is able to mimic the play of a human chess player with any playing strength. He even deliberately makes typical human mistakes in those levels.
Solve 100 built in chess puzzles. Shredder keeps track of your performance and offers advice if needed.
You can adjust Shredder’s playing strength and, if you like, Shredder automatically adjusts his strength to yours. He even calculates an Elo rating for you. This is how the playing strength of chess players is typically measured.
During the game a coach is watching your moves and warns you if you are about to make a mistake.
See how you are getting better and better the more games you play and the more chess puzzles you solve.
Shredder Chess Lite features:
* Adjustable playing strength
* Intuitive and very easy to operate
* 100 built in chess puzzles
* See your rating in a diagram
* Coach shows your mistakes
* Great variety: opening book with more than one million moves
* Load and save games (incl. names, date, etc.)
* Different chess boards and pieces
* two player mode / enter moves
* Learn the name of the opening you are playing
* Accessibility / VoiceOver support
* Improve your play whenever and wherever you like
'Shredder Chess Lite' is a fully-functional version of 'Shredder Chess' for casual chess players. If you are an active player, need more features or simply want the best you should take a look at our pro version 'Shredder Chess'.
Here is what you will additionally get in our pro version:
* The strongest chess engine for the iPhone
* Can be set to outstanding playing strength
* 1000 built in chess puzzles
* Send games via email
* Different playing styles from passive to aggressive
* Enter and analyze any position you like
* Analyse your games with Shredder, find your mistakes and improve your play
* 10 USD discount coupon for Shredder 13 Mac/Win on shredderchess.com
Fixed the invisible cursor problem.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but could be better
I really like this app, but a couple of glitches...
The first problem I have is with the puzzles. The app gives you the option of playing the same game as the puzzle, to give you a chance to practice solving the puzzle. But what happened last time I played it, I won the game in 3 moves, only I went back to the puzzle and it told me my moves were incorrect! I then used the "coach" (question mark) to discover the moves the game thought I should make & it won the game in several more moves than I had. Not much teaching in that, and I wouldn't consider myself an expert by any means. Also many of the puzzles are too lengthy, requiring too many moves to mate. I could see 3 or 4 but 10 or more leaves too many other directions the game could go. Also, if you decide to "play" the puzzle, you can simply use the question mark to discover the appropriate move, go back to the puzzle and "solve" it. Once the puzzle option of playing it is chosen and the question mark help is utilized, you should not be able to go back and get points for supposedly solving the puzzle. Other than those issues, nice app, especially for the price ;-)
Excellent for novice players
I have been using Shredder for more than a decade. I love that they have a clean, simple version with up to 1500 elo rating which should prove plenty for me for some time to come. They collect no data which I much appreciate. I like to play on my own without any hints but with the option to revert a move which this app allows. Clean wholesome free app from a credible chess software company.
Fantastic app for beginners
This was a great app to get me started. You can easily rewind to any point in the game and change your move at any time. Also gives you suggestions. You can also save your game for later analysis or just to rewatch. But now that I'm past 1500 Elo, I'm looking for a stronger chess engine.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eiko Bleicher
- 25.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009 - 2021 shredderchess.com