Shut The Box Deluxe is an iPad version of the classic game of chance. We think it's the best looking version available. Also known as Canoga, the game is thought to have originated in England or perhaps Northern France. Wooden versions have been played for many years in pubs around the world. Our App offers options to let you play the standard game and some popular variations, especially the "Thai Rules" version popular in Asia.
Our iPhone/iTouch version is for 1 to 4 players up to 3 of whom can be computer opponents.
- Incredible graphics, smooth animations
- 3D ray-traced dice and roll animation
- Fully gesture-driven interface
- Automatic scoring for 1 to 4 players
- Up to 3 Computer-Opponents to challenge you
- Supports the single-die option when sliders 7-9 are covered
- Teach kids simple arithmetic while they play
- Updated to newest iOS version
- Added setting option to hide the automatic Tally (sum of dice thrown)
- Minor UI tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
Too fast on the draw
Good game but it's too quick to tell you when a round is over. The second you touch to roll, if that roll will be impossible to make, the icon telling you so can be seen rolling along the bottom of the screen even before the dice stop. Sort of takes the anticipation away. Should be a simple change to delay the appearance of this icon until the dice stop.
Needs work yet.
This is a decent version of the game. It needs an undo for tallying the points. The player should not have to be stuck with a 7 when they could have used another combination. Adding undo/score button would make the game better.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tim Corcoran
- 28.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020 Tim Corcoran (Topcat Games)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.