*** The original and only Mac shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of supported models below. The shutter count is read directly from USB or Wi-Fi connected Canons, and from image files for Nikon and Pentax cameras.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
ShutterCount provides unlimited readings for your cameras.
In addition to the still photo count, the built-in Live View Pack lets you see counters that also cover videos for select Canon models.
History logging allows you to track camera usage. Logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Apple's Numbers or Microsoft Excel for further processing.
The included Plus Pack provides graphing, forecasting, history deduplication and Canon EOS camera management (date/time sync, owner name editing, copyright info setting, outdated firmware warning, IPTC export/import).
Certified cameras (direct connection):
• Canon 1D4/1DC/1DX/1DX2/5D2/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D/7D2/40D/50D/60D/70D/77D/80D/100D/200D/200D2/250D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/700D/750D/760D/800D/1000D/1100D/1200D/1300D/1500D/2000D/3000D/4000D/8000D/9000D/M50/R/RP; Kiss F/M/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6i/X7/X7i/X8i/X9/X9i/X10/X50/X70/X80/X90; Rebel SL1/SL2/SL3/T1i/T2i/T3/T3i/T4i/T5/T5i/T6/T6i/T6s/T7/T7i/T100/XS/XSi
Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet connection is supported via built-in connectivity or the optional Canon W-E1, WFT-E6/E7/E8 transmitters on:
• Canon 1DC/1DX/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D2/70D/77D/80D/200D/200D2/250D/800D/9000D/M50/R/RP; Kiss X9/X9i/X10; Rebel SL2/SL3/T7i
Built-in Wi-Fi must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled. Please quit all applications that might connect to your camera (e.g. Kuuvik Capture, EOS Utility, Capture One, Lightroom) before launching ShutterCount.
Certified cameras (using image files):
• Nikon D2H/D2X/D2Xs/D3/D3S/D3X/D4/D4S/D5/D40/D40X/D50/D60/D70/D70s/D80/D90/D200/D300/D300S/D500/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800E/D810/D850/D3000/D3100/D3200/D3300/D3400/D3500/D5000/D5100/D5200/D5300/D5500/D5500/D7000/D7100/D7200/Df/Z6/Z7; 1 AW1/J1/J3/J4/J5/V1/V2/V3; Coolpix A
• Pentax *istDL/*istDL2/645D/645Z/K1/K1II/K3/K3II/K5/K5II/K5IIs/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/K100D/K100D Super/K200D/K500/K2000/Km/KP/Kr/KS1/KS2/Kx
Forecasting is not available for certain Nikon and Pentax models. For more information please see the app's Tech Specs page: https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
The following cameras might work (using image files, see the Tech Specs page for known limitations):
• Canon 1D2/1D2N/1D3/1Ds2/1Ds3
Cameras not listed here are not supported.
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.
Fixed an issue that could prevent communication with USB and Wi-Fi connected cameras.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4
• Added support for Canon EOS RP, 250D/Rebel SL3/Kiss X10/200D Mark II, 4000D/Rebel T100/3000D and Kiss X90.
• Added shutter rating for Nikon D850.
• Auto power off is prevented on connected Canon cameras by default. It can be disabled in Preferences.
• Improved interference detection with other camera control apps on macOS 10.12 and later.
New features for Canon EOS cameras:
• The copyright information template provides an easy way to set and maintain author and copyright metadata. Supports tokens for the current year (so it's always up-to-date), owner/author name and the copyright symbol. Also sets copyright tags in IPTC information on cameras having IPTC support.
• Owner name editing. Click the "Owner Name" label on the "Camera Summary" tab or choose "Edit Owner Name" from the "Camera" menu to edit it.
• IPTC export/import for cameras that support IPTC information (EOS-1D X Mark II, 5D Mark IV, R). The created files are compatible with Kuuvik Capture and Canon EOS Utility.
• Date/time is synchronized immediately on all connected cameras when the "Synchronize date/time with the Mac" checkbox is checked.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.