*** The original and only Mac shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of supported models below. The shutter count is read directly from USB or Wi-Fi connected Canons, and from image files for Nikon and Pentax cameras.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
ShutterCount provides unlimited readings for your cameras.
The app displays the count for still photos by default - purchase the optional Live View Pack to get additional counters that also cover videos. The Live View Pack is available as an in-app purchase for select Canon models.
History logging allows you to track camera usage. Logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Apple's Numbers or Microsoft Excel for further processing.
The optional Plus Pack enables graphing, forecasting, history deduplication and Canon EOS camera management (date/time sync, owner name editing, copyright info setting, outdated firmware warning, IPTC export/import). The Plus Pack is available as an in-app purchase.
Certified cameras (direct connection):
• Canon 1D4/1DC/1DX/1DX2/1DX3/5D2/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D/7D2/40D/50D/60D/60Da/70D/77D/80D/90D/100D/200D/200D2/250D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/700D/750D/760D/800D/1000D/1100D/1200D/1300D/1500D/2000D/3000D/4000D/8000D/9000D/M6II/M50/R/Ra/RP; Kiss F/M/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6i/X7/X7i/X8i/X9/X9i/X10/X50/X70/X80/X90; Rebel SL1/SL2/SL3/T1i/T2i/T3/T3i/T4i/T5/T5i/T6/T6i/T6s/T7/T7i/T100/XS/XSi
Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection is supported via built-in connectivity or the optional Canon W-E1, WFT-E6/E7/E8/E9 transmitters on:
• Canon 1DC/1DX/1DX3/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D2/70D/77D/80D/90D/200D/200D2/250D/800D/9000D/M6II/M50/R/Ra/RP; Kiss X9/X9i/X10; Rebel SL2/SL3/T7i
Wi-Fi on the camera must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled. Please quit all applications that might connect to your camera (e.g. Kuuvik Capture, EOS Utility, Capture One, Lightroom) before launching ShutterCount.
Certified cameras (using image files):
• Nikon D2H/D2X/D2Xs/D3/D3S/D3X/D4/D4S/D5/D40/D40X/D50/D60/D70/D70s/D80/D90/D200/D300/D300S/D500/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800E/D810/D850/D3000/D3100/D3200/D3300/D3400/D3500/D5000/D5100/D5200/D5300/D5500/D5500/D7000/D7100/D7200/D7500/Df/Z6/Z7/Z50; 1 AW1/J1/J3/J4/J5/V1/V2/V3; Coolpix A
• Pentax *istDL/*istDL2/645D/645Z/K1/K1II/K3/K3II/K5/K5II/K5IIs/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/K100D/K100D Super/K200D/K500/K2000/Km/KP/Kr/KS1/KS2/Kx
Forecasting is not available for certain Nikon and Pentax models. For more information please see the app's Tech Specs page: https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
The following cameras might work (using image files, see the Tech Specs page for known limitations):
• Canon 1D2/1D2N/1D3/1Ds2/1Ds3
Cameras not listed here are not supported.
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.
• Added support for Canon EOS-1D X Mark III.
• Worked around a 1D X Mark II firmware bug that could hang the camera when copyright information or IPTC data is set while live view is active.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works and good value for the money
Good to use when buying or selling a camera. I’ve used it on a Canon 5D MkII originally years ago. Then also tested some older gear, like my Nikon D200, D300 and recently I got a used Nikon D700 and Pentax K-3. Worked on all these cameras. If you need to use an unedited photo, just make sure you don’t use a photo from the Photo’s App. Just plug in the SD or Compact flash card and read from the memory card. It works. Photo’s exported files does not work. Would be great if it worked on Fuji as I have several of them, but not currently supported. For the price, I’m more than happy and it’s money well spent. Hope this helps.
Great / quick support
I bought the app like everyone else--because they are selling a Canon camera and need the shutter count. The USB connection worked great on my 5D4 and I got that count but when I went to do my 5Ds, no go. Not even doing the "image read" method. So I reach out to their support dept via email and got a response by the next morning. They suggested that if I have a W-E1 wifi card installed in the SD slot of the 5Ds, the USB port is cancelled and won't work. That was precisely the issue. I removed the card and got my shutter count. Thanks!
I'm a Canon owner and it's very hard to use any of the free online software to tell your shutter count. I was preparing to sell my 5D2 and was having a terrible time--even photoshop wouldn't reveal the count. Found this app and in a matter of seconds determined my shutter count for the D2 and the 5D3 I also own. Very easy--just plugged in my camera and turned it on. Well worth $5 as I plan to use it often in the future.
- DIRE Studio Kft.
- 2 MB
- Photo & Video
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2013-2020 DIRE Studio Kft.
- In-App Purchases
- Plus Pack $4.99
- Live View Pack $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.