Trusted by 170,000+ customers from 120+ countries, the ShutterCount family is the gold standard in shutter count reading software.
*** The original, most feature-rich and only Mac shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of certified models below. The shutter count is read directly from USB or Wi-Fi connected Canons, and from image files for Nikon and Pentax cameras. With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
• Unlimited readings
• Counter for still photos with rated shutter life percentage display
• Graphical usage meter
• History logging to track camera usage; logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Numbers or Excel for further processing
• Reports in plain text format
LIVE VIEW PACK (optional in-app purchase supporting select Canon models)
• Counters for live view/videos and electronic shutter
• Distribution chart
PLUS PACK (optional in-app purchase)
• Shutter life forecasting (not available for some Nikon and Pentax models)
• History deduplication
• Canon EOS camera management (date/time sync, owner name editing, copyright information setting, outdated firmware warning, IPTC export/import)
• Raw copyright information display and secure personal data wiping for Canons
USB connection (Wi-Fi on the camera must be disabled; quit all apps that might connect to your camera before launching ShutterCount):
• Canon 1D4/1DC/1DX/1DX2/1DX3/5D2/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D/7D2/40D/50D/60D/60Da/70D/77D/80D/90D/100D/200D/200D2/250D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/700D/750D/760D/800D/850D/1000D/1100D/1200D/1300D/1500D/2000D/3000D/4000D/8000D/9000D/M6II/M50/R/R5/R6/Ra/RP; Kiss F/M/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6i/X7/X7i/X8i/X9/X9i/X10/X10i/X50/X70/X80/X90; Rebel SL1/SL2/SL3/T1i/T2i/T3/T3i/T4i/T5/T5i/T6/T6i/T6s/T7/T7i/T8i/T100/XS/XSi
Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection using built-in networking or Canon transmitters (the camera must be paired directly with ShutterCount in "EOS Utility" connection mode):
• Canon 1DC/1DX/1DX3/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D2/70D/77D/80D/90D/200D/200D2/250D/800D/850D/9000D/M6II/M50/R/R5/R6/Ra/RP; Kiss M/X9/X9i/X10; Rebel SL2/SL3/T7i
• Nikon D2H/D2X/D2Xs/D3/D3S/D3X/D4/D4S/D5/D6/D40/D40X/D50/D60/D70/D70s/D80/D90/D200/D300/D300S/D500/D600/D610/D700/D750/D780/D800/D800E/D810/D850/D3000/D3100/D3200/D3300/D3400/D3500/D5000/D5100/D5200/D5300/D5500/D5500/D7000/D7100/D7200/D7500/Df/Z5/Z6/Z6II/Z7/Z7II/Z50; 1 AW1/J1/J3/J4/J5/V1/V2/V3; Coolpix A
• Pentax *istDL/*istDL2/645D/645Z/K1/K1II/K3/K3II/K5/K5II/K5IIs/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/K100D/K100D Super/K200D/K500/K2000/Km/KP/Kr/KS1/KS2/Kx
Cameras not listed here are not supported.
FOR DETAILED COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support by clicking Report a Problem in the Help menu!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.
• Added support for Canon EOS R6.
New features in the Live View Pack:
• The number of pictures made with the electronic shutter is displayed on the Distribution Chart for Canon 90D, M50/Kiss M and R6. This number is not included elsewhere as the electronic shutter does not contribute to mechanical shutter wear.
Ratings and Reviews
Works very well! The only problem I had with it was that it cost $5.99 which seems a bit much for just telling you the shutter count, but other than that it worked pefectly for me. I have a Canon 80D and since it is so hard to find the shutter count for the 80D, I bought this app; and it told me the shutter count right away.
Works and good value for the money
Good to use when buying or selling a camera. I’ve used it on a Canon 5D MkII originally years ago. Then also tested some older gear, like my Nikon D200, D300 and recently I got a used Nikon D700 and Pentax K-3. Worked on all these cameras. If you need to use an unedited photo, just make sure you don’t use a photo from the Photo’s App. Just plug in the SD or Compact flash card and read from the memory card. It works. Photo’s exported files does not work. Would be great if it worked on Fuji as I have several of them, but not currently supported. For the price, I’m more than happy and it’s money well spent. Hope this helps.
Great / quick support
I bought the app like everyone else--because they are selling a Canon camera and need the shutter count. The USB connection worked great on my 5D4 and I got that count but when I went to do my 5Ds, no go. Not even doing the "image read" method. So I reach out to their support dept via email and got a response by the next morning. They suggested that if I have a W-E1 wifi card installed in the SD slot of the 5Ds, the USB port is cancelled and won't work. That was precisely the issue. I removed the card and got my shutter count. Thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DIRE Studio Kft.
- 2.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2013-2021 DIRE Studio Kft.
- In-App Purchases
- Plus Pack $4.99
- Live View Pack $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.