Take command of a fleet of powerful starships in this adventure-driven strategy game from legendary designer Sid Meier. Travel to new worlds, completing missions to help save and protect the planets and their people from dangerous Space Pirates, to powerful Marauders and other hostile factions. Build a planetary federation as you strengthen your fleet and secure your homeworld as you attempt to preserve intergalactic peace and your vision of humanity. Set in the universe of Civilization: Beyond Earth after the age of the Seeding, Sid Meier’s Starships offers sci-fi/strategy fans a full stand-alone game experience that also features cross-connectivity with Beyond Earth, expanding the depth of both games. See if you have what it takes to rule the universe!
• Tactical Space Combat: Encounter unique tactical challenges in every mission, with dynamically generated maps, victory conditions, and foes.
• Fully Customizable Starships: Create an armada that fits your tactical plan with modular spaceship design.
• Diplomacy, Strategy, and Exploration: Expand the influence of your Federation and gain the trust of the citizens of new planets. Use the unique abilities of the each planet to enhance your fleet and Federation, and keep your opponents in check. Build improvements on worlds to increase the capabilities and resources of your Federation.
• A Galaxy Of Adventure: Explore the galaxy as you lead your fleet to distant worlds and complete missions to help the citizens of these planets. Fight pirates, protect colony ships, destroy rogue AI, and more.
• Multiple Paths To Victory: Will you win by conquering the greatest threat to the galaxy? Or will you unite a plurality of worlds in your Federation? Perhaps you will lead your people to push the frontiers of science. Each choice you make carries consequences on your path to victory.
AI’s will play by player chosen constrained victory rules.
Players will now start with one ship on impossible difficulty.
Megabot strength has been increased.
Wonder Victory now requires 9 wonders.
AI will now attempt more missions per turn on Impossible difficulty .
AI will now use stealth more often.
The Negotiate button on the bridge view is now named “Negotiate”.
Fixed the damage meter in the Fleet Overview when ship need repair.
The How to Play screen now states that a population victory is but one way to win the game.
And other minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Very enjoyable, but needs some updates
Extremely high potential. I have really enjoyed this game. Lots of bugs and some of the worst graphics you will ever see but it is quite a fun game!
Graphics need to be upped for mac: more polygons (its really rough guys. REALLY rough. I should not be able to count the polygons of an asteroid and stop at 7).
Use retina assets. That starships video at the beginning and end are blurry, stretching what is acceptable on a low end 2014 imac.
Use smoke damage to help indicate damaged ships.
Larger fonts, and better mouse and multitouch pad scrolling for the help pages
End turn is confusing, as it ends for a particular ship of yours.
There should be a ship health and status view somewhere that shows all of your ships in combat.
A little more help, perhaps tutorial on diplomacy and trading.
Sensor ping by AI will result in bad audio bug if more than one of your ships is stealthed.
The ‘you destroyed the ship’ zoom in is glitched with a very big hit… takes forever to watch the slow zoom and you go well past the ship, sometimes inside a planet.
RIght click is glitchy. I have to left-click sometimes to get a right click through.
But again, VERY FUN. you have the ingredients, now bake the cake.
Great Potential but Buggy (even at 1.4) and 2K Support is Weak
I’m glad I didn’t pay more than $10 for this game; that’s about all it’s worth. Sprite clipping errors all over the place (objects showing through one another or overlapping when they’re not supposed to), buggy sound implementation and the gameplay is very one-dimensional and lacking in realism in certain respects. This has the potential to be a really good game but it’s mediocre implementation makes it the kind of game you will probably play until you beat the system once or twice at which point you’ll be bored with it. The “enemy leader” soundbites used in the Diplomacy screen are the cheeziest things I’ve ever heard, and the “graphics from the helm" when you’re about to accept a mission are equally cheesy. Both feel like they’re from the 90s.
I’ve heard a lot about the greatness of Sid Meier games but this was my first and I have to say I don’t know what all the hype is about. If the Civ games are implemented anything like this one, they’re overrated.
It just OK
Its an ok game. The first time I played it, I had a good time. As time went on, though, it got repetitive. Like the second time I played. Battles are just hunt and destroy. There is no real diplomacy. No customization to ships and their levels are capped at 8. So all my ships are level 8 in every category now. There is a bug when you do a lot of damage to a ship it takes forever for the “Blown Up, Sir” montage to pass. The missions are repetitive. Just a so-so game.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 2K, INC.
- 627 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.