What Can Sidekick Do For You?
- Offers a route that is simple and less stressful to drive on (fewer turns, more easy segments on highways and major roads)
- Records dashcam videos for protection against unjust tickets or insurance frauds
- Alerts you in real time when you are driving towards an incident
- Detects if you are in a distress situation (e.g. high force impact) and call your emergency contact, hands-free.
- Keeps track of commute time historically for you
- Records trip mileage for easy expense reporting
- Gives you a feel for how smooth your driving is. Smooth driving -> Fuel efficiency and safety!
- Allows drivers to help other drivers by sharing road intelligence such as police, traffic jam or accidents.
- iPhone X special: Alerts drivers if their eyes were closed for extended periods (based on the PERCLOS methodology validated by IEEE and Bureau of Transportation.)
What Makes Sidekick Special?
1. Set it and forget it. Sidekick activates its sensors when you drive and goes into battery saving mode automatically after your trip has been completed.
2. Sensor information from different sources are combined and analyzed to maximize accuracy. Data from multiple mapping data providers (Google Maps, Bing Maps and OpenStreetMap) are also integrated to provide an unique user experience.
3. No ads. No distractions. Only useful and convenient features.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
** Activity Time tracking requires iPhone 5s or later hardware that supports motion type detection.
- removed alert sound when approaching a pothole (some areas have lots of them)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it crashes and has to be deleted and reinstalled, losing all data. Sometimes you can see what the camera sees, sometimes you see just the route map. Sometimes it records and sometimes it doesn’t.
All of these problems seem to be related to nothing at all. Every time you start it up it picks a different path to inconsistency.
Had high hopes
But the app keeps crashing or wont load at all.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear about your experience. I discovered a bug on the Welcome screen and released a fix. Please give it a try and feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am committed to help you get going. Billy.
Can you view the recordings?
The app appears to be recording as the red light is on and I can see my trip in the my trips section yet it says that no video is available. What use is this dashcam app if it doesn’t record and/or you cannot view the recording?
Developer Response ,
Yes! Just select the "My Trips" tab (bottom right corner), pick the trip of your choice and you will find the video there. They are saved for 3 days to prevent Sidekick from taking up too much of your storage. Retention is now configurable and you can also export it to the iOS Photos app if you prefer.
Hope this helps and save travels!
- Katla Labs Inc
- 93.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Sidekick-App.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.