This is the app for drone enthusiasts who wish to have a more portable ground station.
Works with Arducopter and 3DR Solo platforms via wifi or BLE.
Please read the user manual at https://sidepilot.net/pdf/SidePilot-UserManual.pdf
NOTE: If you are not using the 3DR Solo, you must have either a BLE repeater module (HM-10, BLE Mini etc), or a Wifi connection to your drone.
* GPS Location of drone
* Location of nearby aircraft shown on map
* Set, edit and delete waypoints offline & when connected. Import and export waypoint sets to share with devices, or edit using a text editor.
* Display VFR information such as altitude, yaw, pitch and roll.
* Voice alerts for mode changes and other important information
* Edit, save and load entire parameter sets
* Perform Pre-Flight checklist
* GPS satellite count and HDOP
* Distance from home/device
* Battery voltage display and warnings
* Calibration of battery monitor, accelerometer, compass and radio limits
* Live stream video direct to Facebook or YouTube.
* View advanced status's about your drone such as IMU, vibration, RC input and output, etc
* Download Dataflash logs from your drone and export via email to view on PC
* Follow Me - Use your devices GPS to follow you at a set distance/altitude
* Orbit mode - Circle an object for a fantastic cinematic shots!
* Pre-Flight checklist current weather (wind & temp)information and alerts based on your location
* Grid Waypoints - Create a survey grid to fly
* Tap to fly to point - Tap a location and your drone will fly there!
* Internet based ADSB information to display nearby aircraft on the map and provide warnings.
* And many more
Quick-start guide (Using a WiFi connection):
1. Turn on drone and connect using wifi
2. Start app and navigate to settings. Select either WiFi UDP, TCP or 3DR Solo (if using a 3DR Solo)
3. If setting up wifi manually, click on WiFi Settings and input the correct ip address and port that the mavlink protocol is running over. (Usually listed in settings as the router IP, and a port of 14550)
4. Go back to the main screen and press the connect button on the top right. The app should begin displaying information about the drone. If not, double check your wifi settings.
5. For any other issues, please post on the SidePilot Facebook page
Please post suggestions and bug reports on the SidePilot Facebook page or via email to email@example.com
WARNING: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note: All iOS Devices with Bluetooth Low Energy are supported, however iPads without cellular do not have GPS capability unless tethered to a iOS Device with cellular, and even then it is poor and not suitable for Follow Me or other navigation modes.
● Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good app for the 3dr solo. For some reason the app crashes every time I press the record button for video
Excellent with 3drSolo running OpenSolo on iphone 7+
I have Side Pilot on my iOS devices and Solex on my Androids. I find SidePilot to be a bit easier to navigate. It also gives early warnings on Batteries starting to lose efficiency. One wish is that Side Pilot would allow me to change the Lighting configs on the drone the way I can in Solex.
The SP manual says Green Cube needed, but I can do it in Solex without a GC, so why not in Side Pilot?
Regarding the A/B buttons; not only can they be configured, you can customize ALL of the buttons on the controller. Its all in the manual.
Can’t connect to Solo Controller
What I get on iPhone when after connecting to the solo controller using WiFi, is a alert on WiFi connection iPhone “No internet connection” so I can’t get sidepilot to locate the solo controller thus no way to load the open source firmware into the controller or solo. Any one find a solution for this one?
I have a 2nd solo system but it is stuck on Preflight Update, forgot the password and had to reset the controller
Any help appreciated so I can raise the level of stars in review,.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tom Brereton
- 43.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Tom Brereton
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.