Explore your neighborhood, city and beyond with self-guided walks created by locals passionate about the places they know & love. Sidewalk unlocks new experiences & insights wherever you are. All walks are FREE - just leave a tip if you had a blast.
Find a walk that piques your interests and let the app reveal stories, personal recommendations, hidden gems and insider tips.
Perfect for weekend afternoons, date nights, entertaining out-of-towners, nearby jaunts, last-minute getaways and bonafide travel expeditions.
From architecture to culture, from bakeries to speakeasies, exploring with Sidewalk is like having a personal tour guide to help you discover places that will thrill you.
• Cruise between guide points worry-free with GPS directions.
• Search for walks based on where you are, who you’re with, and what inspires you.
• Create your own self-guided walks in the Sidewalk app to share your favorite places, and earn tips.
Walks are currently available in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle and Washington DC, with new cities coming soon.
Don’t see your city? Create your own walks wherever you are, whatever your interests.
What’s on tap for today? Neighborhood scandals, urban street art, neo-classical architecture, photo-worthy cocktails, vengeful ghosts, kid-friendly adventures - Sidewalk has something awesome for you.
Some of our favorite walks:
• "Protest, Unity & Spray Paint: Street Art and Mural Walk of the Mission District" - San Francisco
• "Dinner Crawl NoHo: Spring Rolls, Fresh Pasta, Green Tea Lava Cake & More" - New York City
• "Ghosts, Vice, Serial Killers & Unsolved Murders: A Walking Tour of Haunted Downtown LA" - Los Angeles
• "Open Eyed & Wide Awake: The Artisanal Coffee Crawl of Downtown Seattle" - Seattle
• “The Instagram-Worthy, Tastebud-Approved Walking Guide of Georgetown” - Washington DC
**Sidewalk uses your phone’s GPS only when necessary, but note that continued use of location services can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Faster performance, improved navigation
• Better handling of universal links
Ratings and Reviews
Great Way to Discover Your Surroundings in a New City
Innovative Sidewalk Guides allows a business traveler or tourist to discover off-the-beaten path sights in the city they are visiting. The app provides useful background information for well-known sights, as well as useful tips on how to maximize time, take the most efficient route, and find food and drink options along the way.
The app also invites travelers to provide their own suggested walks for others to enjoy. The app provides useful tips to facilitate this process.
The app will become even more useful as additional walks and cities are added. Try it out!
No way to delete this app.
Tried to delete this app. The icon is gone from my screen, but the app still appears in my Settings, and still shows up as wanting to be updated. Their “help” chat was completely useless.
Like having a private guide at your fingertips whenever you want
Went out exploring this weekend with Sidewalk and found some great hidden gems that I never knew existed. Nice combination of interesting stories and personal recommendations in an easy, accessible format. I can't wait to use it again and may even try my hand at creating a walk of some of my favorite places. Great app.
- Sidewalk Guides, Inc
- 38.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Sidewalk Guides, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.