Amazing - far better than most paid apps!
Approved by parents, teachers, and toddlers.
Help your child learn to speak, read, and spell as they learn to recognize words and letters by sight sound and tough
Sight Words, also known as the Dolch List are an integral part in learning how to read. The Dolch Word list contains 220 words that make up the most common words of the English language and are easiest learned by sight.
It is important for young readers to be able to instantly recognize these high frequency words in order to be proficient and fluent readers.
Why Sight Words by Little Speller? We believe that educational apps should be ridiculously fun, immensely educational, and affordable for all.
The only FULLY customizable app of its kind!
Endorsed by tens of thousands of satisfied parents, teachers, and kids the world over.
little speller is an exciting educational game that helps your child rapidly learn to read, write, and recognize words by sight, sound, and touch. The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in using this app. Ideal for ages 0 to 6.
- Add your own voice - now your toddler can learn everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
- Add your own items - take pictures of your child so he / she can learn to spell their own name! :-)
- Learn by sight, sound, and touch
- Uses real, crisp photographs that are carefully hand picked and selected vs. cartoonish illustrations
- Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
- Multi-sensory learning tool - combining seeing, hearing, and tactile feedback
- Don't like some of the existing items... no problem, just delete any item your kid does not enjoy
- Multi-language support - since you can edit existing items and add new items, you can record everything in your native tongue
* You can even customize the success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation
- Sound - you can turn the sound on or off
- Audio hints - if you want to learn just by sight, you can turn the audio hints off
- Visual hints - if you want to learn just by sound, you can hide the images
- Letter hints - if you don't want to show the letter hints in the destination tiles, you can turn them off
- Word oder - you can go from A to Z or in random order
- Letter order - you can go in any order or require that words are spelled from left to right
- Letter case - uppercase, lowercase, and capitalized spelling is supported
- Longest word - you decide the desired word length
- Customize items - every item is fully customizable (text, audio, and image). You can also add your own photos
- Customize letters - you can change the recorded voice for each of the letters
- Customize success sounds - can even customize the success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
- Updated app to work for latest version of iOS
- Updated app to work on all of the latest iOS devices
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wonderful app for kids
I searched for an app to help my son learn his sight words and went through several horrible apps. I’m so glad I came across this one. It’s ad free!!!! That was very important to me. The functionality is perfect. I changed the voice to his and mine. I read all of the letters and words. I also made up some new encouragement sounds and let him make up some self encouragement sounds like “yay! I did it”. He loves seeing pictures of himself and the family as he learns to spell words like brother and sister. This app is amazing. My son learned 7 new words in just a few hours and was able to recognize them in a sentence later on that night several hours after learning them. So he retained what he’d learned and I was so happy for him. He was actually able to read a sentence with all the words he’d learned. He wasn’t able to do that before!
I Absolutely Love This App
My son has used this app since he was 2yrs old. He has learned his sight words and now spelling in 1st grade. I absolutely love that you can customize the words for their growth. I highly recommend this app for beginner reading and spelling.
Add your own words!
You can add your own word list. I can put my kid’s weekly homework sight and spelling words in a list. You or your child can record your voice saying the word and add your own pictures to represent the word.
A suggestion rot the developer: provide a blank list named “Your own list 1 “ so you don’t have to spend 5 minutes first deleting each word manually out of an existing list to add just your own.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.