***** WONDERFULLY EDUCATIONAL READING PROGRAM FOR BEGINNING READERS (AGES 2-7).
***** Developed in cooperation with educational specialists by an award-winning educational studio, 22learn, the creator of the best-selling Abby Basic Skills and reading program Phonics: Fun on Farm, to best prepare your children for success in kindergarten and school curriculum.
* Entirety of 220 SIGHT WORDS from the popular Dolch list (with extra 94 NOUNS!)*
* Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade Categories *
*...in 6 engaging EDUCATIONAL GAMES! *
* "Action Sight Words is an extra-fun "Extra-terrestrial" way to help children learn challenging sight words."
* "As a mother of a 1st Grader and a Pre-Schooler, I was quite impressed with this app."
* "an awesome level of interactivity"
* "hits the mark on being both educational, and entertaining for kids"
* "A colorful and quirky mechanical, industrial theme that children will definitely like. A great tool for teaching and allowing your children learn all about sight words"
"Provides ample opportunities to learn all 220 Dolch words through a series of six games and activities. The interface is simple and easy to navigate and overall the look is appealing."
Jill Goodman, smartappsforkids.com
Abby Sight Words with Wordaliens is a new EDUCATIONAL READING APPLICATION by 22learn. The app is designed to help children learn and practice reading the most common sight words.
Sight words are words in English language that do not have a simple one-to-one correspondence between sounds and written letters, and therefore have to be learned “by sight. ”
Being able to quickly recognize sight words is a crucial part of learning how to read. Sight words mastery is a necessary step towards an enormous reading improvement.
Sight Words offers children an easy-to-use interface and a grand choice of six fun educational games through which children can acquire mastery over this subject matter.
The 6 GAMES included are:
1. WORD MACHINE
Control the Word Machine. Supply all the words that need to be produced by tapping on the words called.
Your dog is hungry! Make cans to feed him! To make a can, drag the letter cards to their correct place and make a word you have just heard pronounced.
Make a Bingo to get a ticket for Aliens back home! Tap on the word corresponding to the one that you heard pronounced. Once you have matched cards from one side of the board to the next... Bingo! Aliens are back home!
4. MEMORY GAME
Match the sounds to correct word forms! To do so, tap on one of the speakers, hear the word, and then select one of the cards below with a correct word. Do it for all words!
Tap on one of the speakers on the screen, hear the word pronounced, and place the word across the speaker. Repeat for all words to see wonderful gears animation.
6. FLASH CARDS
Practice in the Flash Card mode. List through the words and top on the cards to hear the words pronounced again and again!
Additional Features Include:
- Selection of individual words to be practiced within each category
- Avatar selection
- Choice of capitalized words and upper-case or lower-case letters
- Access to best scores
Get this app now and enjoy the progress your children are going to make in their reading skills.
22learn, your trusted educational apps developer
Sight Words Reading Games - THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE your kids for READING SUCCESS!
* Entirety of 220 SIGHT WORDS from the popular Dolch list (with extra 94 NOUNS!)
* HUGE UPDATE - We added 2 new educational games with Wordaliens to help children learn and practice reading the most common sight words.
In this release, we've squashed a few minor issues. Now your child can enjoy an even smoother learning experience with Sight Words.
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite app right now! My daughters too!
While it’s not a multi subject app, this app is so good for learning sounds, words, spelling, etc. My daughter (5) can navigate through the app on her own & most importantly has not grown bored with it like others on the market. It goes up to 3rd grade level which I didn’t know until we came across some more difficult words but you can choose the different grade levels.
*We did purchase all the categories.
Fun app, but sight words are limited
This is a really fun app for kids! Unfortunately, the number of sight words per age group is very limited. I Downloaded it to help me homeschool the kids during quarantine, and this does not have any of the actual words assigned by my daughter’s kindergarten teacher! There is also no way to add your own words. My daughter enjoys it, but I wish I had reviewed the words more closely before purchasing. My hope was to give her a way to work independently on her spelling while I spent time with my other kids, but this will not suit that purpose.
Update : Got the sound back!!!
I just fixed the problem! I clicked the “app support” and follow the instruction step by step. So I went to settings, sounds, lock sound. Then I swipped the lock sound button from “white” to “green”, and the sound works again! That’s it! FYI my iPad mini use iOS 11.2.6. Thanks for the clear instruction.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CFC s.r.o.
- 90.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © CFC s.r.o.
- In-App Purchases
- Sight Word & Flashcards Games $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.