"Fun, simple, and fully customizable. I can even create my own lists. Love it!" - iPhone Mom and Teacher
Help Your Child Learn to Read
Sight Words, also known as the Dolch List are an integral part in learning how to read. The Dolch Word list contains 315 words that are broken down into appropriate age groups. It is important for young readers to be able to instantly recognize these high frequency words in order to be proficient and fluent readers.
Why Sight Words from Alligator Apps? We believe that educational apps should be ridiculously fun, immensely educational, and affordable for all.
Fortunately, hundreds of thousands of parents agree and have turned us into one of the hottest app developers for kids on the iPad. :-)
Ideal for Kids 1 - 4 Years Old
Alligator Apps User Stories:
"I love this app! It's so awesome because you can make your own cards! And you can record your own voice. I made a card for my pet cat Byron. It's so cute!"
"Must-have app! My daughter (23 months) loves the flashcards with the sounds as my wife and I have recorded our voices with the sounds each animal makes! Outstanding as whenever we ask our daughter if she wants to do words, she laughs and screams Yes! Keep up the excellent work and we look forward to more outstanding products!"
"Wonderful App! As a mom & as a certified Kindergarten teacher, I love this app. I use it with my infant twins daily & am brainstorming ways to use it with my students in the fall (specifically the shapes)!"
"I love this app. You can customize all the flashcards with your own voice plus add your own. My baby loves it and his older siblings had so much fun recording their voices to the animal flashcards along with silly animal sounds. It is probably one if the most fun baby apps available."
Why you and your kids will love this app:
• Add your own cards - you can add an unlimited number of new words and record your own voice
• Add new lists - you can add and group flash cards into customizable lists which is ideal for learning
• Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
• The application works both in portrait and landscape mode
• 5 unique game modes from easy (2 words only) to challenging (6 words per page)
• Support three learning modes i. new word on click with audio ii. new word on click with no default audio iii. new word on swipe with audio on click
• Fully customizable font size, font color, spelling (upper case, lower case, etc.)
• Unique continuous looping feature so you can go through hundreds of flashcards automatically
• Customizable speed - you decide how fast to go from flashcard to flashcard
• Infant mode - includes ability to select extra large font size and red font color (ideal for babies less than 12 months of age)
• Don't want to teach a given word? No problem, just delete the card
• Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and written words
• Backup, synch, and share your custom flashcards via Dropbox integration
Unprecedented Heroic Support
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed copy or combine bug to merge lists
- Fixed audio recording bug
Ratings and Reviews
No sound keeps freezing
The app is great unfortunately it keeps freezing and the sounds comes and goes.
Love this app
I have been using this app for several years. At first the preloaded sight word groups were the same words that the school used. Now they have changed and the customization features are wonderful to have. There have been times when the app wouldn’t work properly and would crash. However, I have. It experienced an issue lately and would recommend this app to anyone who needs an app for sight word practice.
We recently had our Title I iPads updated and I lost my original Sight Words app. I am greatly disappointed that the current version of this app does not have the choice of choosing the sight words from a group of 3, 4, or 5. It was a great way for my struggling students to have to discriminate among multiple words to find the correct sight word. I am still able to input my own list of words & record those words myself, but the app has lost most of its charm for both me & my students.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.