Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• iPad support has arrived. Set up your favorite tablet as a linked device and it will work alongside Signal on your phone (similar to Signal Desktop) so you can send and receive messages with both hands or one keyboard stand. If you have already been using Signal on your iPad with a different number, you'll enjoy a brand-new interface that gives you more room without the artificial zoom.
• Forward messages between threads. Editing support lets you amend, extend, append, explain what you intend, or tie up loose ends before you hit send.
• Built-in support for video trimming can help any clip turn into a highlight.
• Tap on someone's avatar in a group conversation to quickly message or call them. While the group agonizes over dinner plans, subtly exert your influence by making a case for your favorite restaurant in one-on-one conversations.
• Jump between threads and survey your message landscape (in landscape) with a horizontal inbox/conversation view on larger devices.
• Support for Bangla, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Ukrainian, Urdu, and Vietnamese. We would like to thank all of the volunteer translators who made this possible.
* Improves performance when opening conversations.
* Fixes a crash that occasionally occurred when attempting to save media.
Ratings and Reviews
Signal is the best privacy conversation app out there
I switched to Signal after getting hacked at Hangouts that a friend talked me into .
I’m so glad I did my research because that was a year ago and I have not been disappointed. Chatting on the phone is so clear, FaceTime is so clear even overseas, I like the quick voice messages you can leave. It’s easy to send 5 photos at a time to share.
For the person upset about not saving history, etc ... go back to messenger or hangouts. Different people want different things, and I for one prefer not to have anyone spying or breaking into my conversations. It’s irrelevant that what you are talking about isn’t top secret ... it’s personal and not anyone’s business except whom I’m talking to.
As for stickers ... geez, I’m not juvenile. I dint need silly stickers and gifs. Once again, go use another app that provides that stuff. Personally I love the simple cleanliness of the app. If you want to save a photo sent you or a piece if conversation containing something you wish to keep, screen shot it. Crop the picture for for photos and stick the info you saved to a file folder or notes.
I’d give it ten stars if I could. My only wish is that it only gets better and not worse, like so many apps do after they have been out there for so long. I hope the developers maintain their integrity and keep this app private 😊
Best Privacy App Yet
This is simply the best privacy app with everything neatly bundled into it. It has a nice authentication feature, sms & mms messaging & disappearing messages with people [to keep them clean if you’d like], calls, and keeps it all private, app switch privacy [keeping the screen blank for privacy while switching apps so wandering eyes cannot see the screen], and many more features packed into this powerhouse. To anyone experiencing any issues with calls, make sure your notifications are on and properly set with the app, and look into the settings in the app itself and it easily shows how to have your calls show up with the name [if you would like to] or just a call without a name. The settings are a breeze and make it very easy to understand.
Very rarely you’ll have to re-register for push notifications, but that’s also very easily accomplished.
If I could rate higher than 5 stars I would. 10 stars out of 5 stars is more like it...
Learn it, Love it, Use it. Always.
Love this app. Hope it is hear forever. And yes the hardest part is getting people to understand that they should use this over normal ios messaging. Not to mention when they start taxes us like they want for text messaging messages through signal wont count due to it does not use a messaging service.
I really wish however that they would upgrade this app to be used by even people that do not have a phone number. I have children and I am not like every other silly parent out their they gives there kid a fricken phone because they think its the newest thing to do. My kids do not take any devices to school. However if they did I would only want them to be able to use email messaging. Other apps use email messaging to send text to a simple email address. I would love to have my kids use signal but they cannot due to they don't have phones.
Anyway great app keep it going.
- Quiet Riddle Ventures LLC
- 176.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Open Whisper Systems
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.