SIGNALERT is an information-sharing and crowdmapping application allowing each one of us to report, be warned and monitor the impact of natural or man-made disasters, the effects of climate change, extreme events or crisis that impacts us, our environment, or of which we are witnesses or victims.
Locate your observation, take a picture, and answer a few simple questions to describe the intensity level of the phenomenon and its impact. Give your own observations. That's all.
Send and share the alert, in return, get a map of observations by other witnesses and App users around you.
Natural phenomena to describe are: Earthquake, Cyclone/hurricane/typhoon, Floods, Rockfalls, Landslide, Avalanches, Snowfall, Wildfires, Storm Surge, Tornado, Tsunami, Volcanic Eruption, Heatwave, Drought, High Temperature, Heavy Rainfall, Locust invasion
And man-made phenomena: Marine and coastal pollution, Unauthorized dumps, Road/Rail accidents, Fire-Explosion, Air Quality, Troubles and violence, Attack, Health Crisis
SIGNALERT allows you to exchange in real time, with other users of the app, the effects of such phenomena, that are just starting and may become dangerous in your field of vision or beyond, from wherever you are in the world. The app also gives you tips about appropriate behaviors for each phenomenon, and will instruct you about how to recognize the intensity level and impact, and offers links to the institutional websites of forecasts, warning or monitoring worldwide.
Once sent an alert with the App you can share it on social networks.
The paid version is your personal or community warning system nearby:
• Choose which worldwide places of interest you want to monitor and automatically receive real-time notifications for any alert sent nearby by other users.
• Use the "I am safe" button to report to your loved ones or relatives, that you are not in danger if you are the witness of a disastrous situation.
• Receive real-time warning notifications or alerts of flooding on monitored river sections close to your sites of interest (works in France for now, soon in other countries), exceeded temperatures thresholds or extreme rainfall based on open data from internet of things (works better in countries with dense networks of connected objects and may not give any results if no sensor with shared open data in the neighbourhood).
Create your own monitoring network between neighbours, and relay the proximity alerts whenever a member of your network detects a potentially harmful phenomenon nearby. When traveling, you can find in the app websites of official national or international institutions in charge of weather and extreme event forecasts, reports and monitoring. The app is available in French, English, Spanish, Arabic and other languages soon.
You can change or cancel your subscription (automatic renewal) in settings of your account on the application. The payment is made via your iTunes account.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 22.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Signalert SARL
- In-App Purchases
- My Signalert $1.99