SignalScope Pro 2018 offers a professional tool set to meet your measurement and analysis needs as an engineer, consultant, educator, student, researcher, or savvy hobbyist in areas such as acoustics (sound and vibration), audio, electronics, and electroacoustics.
- Analyze signals coming from the iOS device’s current audio input device or from the built-in accelerometer.
- Assign input channel units and sensitivities for individual USB Audio devices.
- Direct support for Digiducer 333D01 and PCB 633A01 USB digital accelerometers and miniDSP UMIK-1 measurement microphone
- Nominal acoustic sensitivities included for iPhone and iPad built-in microphones, voltage sensitivities for headset input (including the Lightning-to-headset adapter included with recent iPhone models)
- Manually switch between available audio input and output sources.
- Load microphone frequency response data (FRD) and apply frequency response correction (FRC) to FFT-based measurements.
- Manually adjust audio sample rates, even up to 192 kHz, depending on input hardware.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Save acquired measurement data to CSV, tab-delimited ASCII text, or MAT files.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files.
- Retrieve your data files from your device via Files (iCloud Drive), iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser on another device. Files may also be opened in other compatible apps (e.g. Mail, Notes, Numbers, Dropbox, etc).
- Oscilloscope - Basic oscilloscope and triggering functions.
- FFT Analyzer - Spectrum analyzer with user-settable frequency limits and basic triggering
- 2D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer
- XY Plotter - Create Lissajous curves on your iPhone or iPad.
- 3D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer - Stunning live visualization of incoming data
- Octave-band Analyzer - Whole and 1/3-octave RTA
- Level Meter - Overall signal level meter
- Noise Dosimeter
- Data Recorder - Stream up to 8 channels to WAV, AIF, or CAF audio files.
- Stereo Signal Generator
- Dual-channel System Analyzer (Dual FFT analysis with support for Frequency Response Magnitude/Phase, Phase Delay, Group Delay, Coherence, Impulse Response and Cross-Correlation)
- Room Acoustics Analyzer (T20, T30, T60, nonlinearity, EDT, Early Decay Time, Center Time, Clarity, and Definition in various frequency bands, manual or automatic adjustment of Schroeder integration limits)
- MultiTool - Powerful data monitoring and project management (Add up to 2 subtools on iPhone, 6 subtools on iPad Pro with 10.5-inch or larger display, 4 subtools on other iPad models, and save an arbitrary number of different configurations for easy recall at a later time.)
- Multi-channel Audio File Player - Analyze pre-recorded data.
Additional Pro Features:
- Data logging support in the Level Meter, Octave Analyzer, and Noise Dosimeter
- Percentile exceeded sound levels in the Level Meter and Octave Analyzer
- NC, RNC, and NR references curves, NC, SIL, and NR values in the Octave Analyzer
Learn more about SignalScope Pro 2018 at FaberAcoustical.com.
SignalScope Pro 2018 will receive major upgrades, consistent with those available in the SignalScope X Pro Tool Set subscription, through calendar year 2019, after which it will receive maintenance updates for a limited time. It can be used indefinitely thereafter on a compatible version of iOS.
- Updated microphone and headset sensitivities for the newest iPad models.
- Support for the miniDSP EARS headphone and in-ear monitor (IEM) measurement system enables the automatic download and application of factory calibration values with the input of a serial number (similar to the miniDSP UMIK-1). The hardware gain, set via the DIP switches on the front of the device, will also be automatically accounted for so calibrated measurements are assured, regardless of the device configuration. The calibration accuracy depends on the accuracy of the calibration data provided by miniDSP. Manual calibration of each ear microphone is also supported.
- With the EARS system, easily switch between frequency response compensation files for headset and IEM measurement that are provided by miniDSP. Compensation can be applied to measurements made in the Spectrogram, FFT Analyzer, and Dual FFT Analyzer tools. Phase compensation is also applied, when available, for headphone phase, delay, and impulse response measurements in the Dual FFT Analyzer.
- Enhanced support for the miniDSP UMIK-1 and EARS system allows for the input gain to be changed from -31 dB to +24 dB in 1 dB increments while maintaining sensitivity calibration. With a single sensitivity calibration, the input gain range can be set to any of those values without the need to re-calibrate.
- When the miniDSP EARS hardware gain is changed using the DIP switches, SignalScope Pro will automatically account for the gain setting
- The Dual FFT Analyzer can now perform 2 measurements simultaneously and output its excitation signal on 2 output channels. This allows for quick measurement and comparison of stereo devices, such as headphones (e.g. using the miniDSP EARS system).
- Corrected an issue in which certain parameters in MAT files could not be read in MATLAB or Gnu Octave, even though they were successfully loaded in SignalScope Pro.
- When a file is loaded into the Room Analyzer from an external source (e.g. iCloud), a local copy of the file will be created in the Room Analyzer’s folder. This will allow the data from the file to be successfully reloaded when the app exits and is launched again.
- Various minor bug fixes and cosmetic improvements.
- Faber Acoustical, LLC
- 31.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Faber Acoustical, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.