SignalScope X 4+
Dynamic Signal Analysis Tools
Faber Acoustical, LLC
- Offers In-App Purchases
SignalScope X offers a range of powerful measurement and analysis tools to enhance your productivity in areas such as acoustics (sound and vibration), audio, electronics, and electroacoustics.
SignalScope X includes a free oscilloscope tool. SignalScope X makes additional tools available via 3 tiers of subscription-based tool sets to meet your basic, advanced, and professional needs. Each subscription works on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Analyze signals coming from the Mac or iOS device’s current audio input device.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Assign input channel units and sensitivities for individual USB Audio devices.
- Connect lab-grade microphones and sensors to your Mac, iPad, or iPhone with suitable interface hardware for precise measurements.
- SignalScope offers enhanced support for select hardware from Digiducer, The Modal Shop, and miniDSP.
- Nominal acoustic sensitivities included for iPhone and iPad built-in microphones, voltage sensitivities for headset input (including the standard Lightning-to-headset adapter).
- Manually switch between available audio input and output sources.
- Load microphone frequency response data (FRD) and apply frequency response correction (FRC) to FFT-based measurements.
- Manually adjust audio sample rates, even up to 768 kHz, depending on hardware.
- Save acquired measurement data to CSV, TXT (tab-delimited), or MAT files.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files.
- Retrieve your data files from your device via Files (iCloud Drive), iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser on another device. Files may also be opened in other compatible apps (e.g. Mail, Notes, Numbers, Dropbox, etc).
- FFT Analyzer - Spectrum analyzer with user-settable frequency limits and signal triggering
- 2D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer
- XY Plotter - Create Lissajous curves or visualize your stereo mix
- Stereo Signal Generator
Advanced Tools: (Advanced Tool Set also includes basic tools)
- 3D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer - Stunning live visualization of incoming data
- Octave-band Analyzer - Whole and 1/3-octave RTA
- Level Meter - Overall signal level meter
- Max Levels
- Noise Dosimeter
- Data Recorder - Stream up to 8 channels to WAV, AIF, or CAF audio files
- Multi-channel Audio File Player - Analyze pre-recorded data
Pro Tools: (Pro Tool Set subscription includes basic and advanced tools)
- Dual-channel System Analyzer (Dual FFT analysis with support for Frequency Response Magnitude/Phase, Phase Delay, Group Delay, Coherence, Impulse Response and Cross-Correlation)
- Sound Intensity Analyzer - With a suitable p-p probe, measure sound intensity and acoustic particle velocity spectra (narrowband FFT and whole or 1/3-octave bands) and time waveforms.
- Room Acoustics Analyzer (T20, T30, T60, nonlinearity, EDT, Early Decay Time, Center Time, Clarity, and Definition in various frequency bands, adjustable Schroeder integration limits)
- MultiTool - Powerful data monitoring and project management (Add 2-6 subtools, depending on screen size, and save configurations for easy recall at a later time.)
- Polar Plot - Generate beautiful high-resolution plots of polar data loaded from properly formatted data in a text or csv file.
Additional Pro Features:
- User-defined custom metadata in saved audio and data files
- Data logging support in the Level Meter, Octave Analyzer, and Noise Dosimeter
- Percentile exceeded sound levels in the Level Meter and Octave Analyzer
- NC, RNC, and NR references curves, NC, SIL, and NR values in the Octave Analyzer
- Voltage decibel levels can be displayed in dBV or dBu
Terms and Conditions for FaberAcoustical.com:
- Frequency weighting is now supported for non-acoustic signals in the Meter tool.
- Support for the miniDSP UMIK-2 and the Dayton UMM-6 USB measurement microphones has been improved.
- Minor refinements were made to the Room Analyzer's calculation of the starting point for Schroeder reverse integration in the calculation of the energy decay curve.
- Some potential crashing bugs were fixed.
- Various cosmetic improvements
Ratings and Reviews
You won’t be happy, the negative reviews are accurate
Like so many others I purchased the app, and expensive add-ons from this developer. I too paid well over $100 for the software. The app no longer works. I exchanged emails with them, and they have lots of talking points to explain why your expensive software no longer works, and you should buy it all over again for even more money, with no real added features. It comes down to this, the developer wants more money. Ok, sure, why not? Except they want the money from the people who already paid for it. The app is disabled, so you either pay them all over again, or you software is a brick that won’t even open. They want to blame Apple. Really? They want to move to a subscription model, and they are going to make you pay. If you haven’t already purchased this software, I would suggest you think whether you want to be treated the way we have been. There are alternatives available. Why suffer the pain of dealing with this developer who treats his customers so poorly? The problem isn’t the software, it’s that the developer has no regard for their customers, and, to put it simply, won’t do the right thing. BTW, just found the Spectrum app.
Captured (saw) hum in vehicle when others didn't.
I had a low amplitude hum in my motor vehicle after a crash and repair. It was irritating me but two other spectrum analyzer/FFT apps didn't "see" it, probably because of road rumble noise that was almost as loud, overwhelming the measurement. This SignalScope X app did see it, which I showed the mechanic. I recommend it.
U guys made a mistake
I paid $70 for the pro app 5 years ago. It was expensive for an app, but i feel I’ve gotten my money’s worth. I really love the pro app. As a professional sound engineer, what i use the most is the octave analyzer. And it’s just crazy to think i’m going to now pay over $70 a year to get that analyzer. When i just found a pretty decent one for $4.99. A one time payment!! Dude.... Its a smartphone! We all know this app is really tight and well done and its kindda close to what u get out of a real pro meter. But its a smartphone microphone!!! The hardware is simply not that accurate for u guys to pretend this product is worth over $70 a year. Get off that cloud. Its really sad because i really loved this app. I would even pay the $1.99 a month on top of the initial $70 i paid because its a work tool and i understand u have to keep updating the app with every new iphone that comes out, but... the cheaper subscriptions dont have the octave analyzer! I hope u guys open ur eyes.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for letting us know how you feel about the change in our business model. I understand that it can be frustrating to learn that support for a beloved product has come to an end.
We would be interested to know your thoughts about the new app. (Since you love SignalScope Pro, I'm guessing your 1-star rating is not a reflection on SignalScope X's features, functionality, or robustness).
Also, if you will contact us and let us know about the app you found for $4.99, we'll take a look at it. If it offers everything SignalScope X's octave analyzer does, we'll give you a 1-year Advanced Tool Set Subscription for free.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Faber Acoustical, LLC
- 9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Faber Acoustical, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Tool Set, 1 Month $2.99
- Pro Tool Set, 1 Month $29.99
- Advanced Tool Set, 1 Month $9.99
- Basic Tool Set, 1 Year $29.99
- Advanced Tool Set, 1 Year $99.99
- Pro Tool Set, 1 Year $299.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.