SignalScope X offers a range of powerful measurement and analysis tools to enhance your productivity in areas such as acoustics (sound and vibration), audio, electronics, and electroacoustics.
SignalScope X includes a free oscilloscope tool. SignalScope X makes additional tools available via 3 tiers of subscription-based tool sets to meet your basic, advanced, and professional needs. Each subscription works on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Analyze signals coming from the Mac or iOS device’s current audio input device.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Assign input channel units and sensitivities for individual USB Audio devices.
- Connect lab-grade microphones and sensors to your Mac, iPad, or iPhone with suitable interface hardware for precise measurements.
- SignalScope offers enhanced support for select hardware from Digiducer, The Modal Shop, and miniDSP.
- Nominal acoustic sensitivities included for iPhone and iPad built-in microphones, voltage sensitivities for headset input (including the standard Lightning-to-headset adapter).
- Manually switch between available audio input and output sources.
- Load microphone frequency response data (FRD) and apply frequency response correction (FRC) to FFT-based measurements.
- Manually adjust audio sample rates, even up to 768 kHz, depending on hardware.
- Save acquired measurement data to CSV, TXT (tab-delimited), or MAT files.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files.
- Retrieve your data files from your device via Files (iCloud Drive), iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser on another device. Files may also be opened in other compatible apps (e.g. Mail, Notes, Numbers, Dropbox, etc).
- FFT Analyzer - Spectrum analyzer with user-settable frequency limits and signal triggering
- 2D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer
- XY Plotter - Create Lissajous curves or visualize your stereo mix
- Stereo Signal Generator
Advanced Tools: (Advanced Tool Set also includes basic tools)
- 3D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer - Stunning live visualization of incoming data
- Octave-band Analyzer - Whole and 1/3-octave RTA
- Level Meter - Overall signal level meter
- Max Levels
- Noise Dosimeter
- Data Recorder - Stream up to 8 channels to WAV, AIF, or CAF audio files
- Multi-channel Audio File Player - Analyze pre-recorded data
Pro Tools: (Pro Tool Set subscription includes basic and advanced tools)
- Dual-channel System Analyzer (Dual FFT analysis with support for Frequency Response Magnitude/Phase, Phase Delay, Group Delay, Coherence, Impulse Response and Cross-Correlation)
- Sound Intensity Analyzer - With a suitable p-p probe, measure sound intensity and acoustic particle velocity spectra (narrowband FFT and whole or 1/3-octave bands) and time waveforms.
- Room Acoustics Analyzer (T20, T30, T60, nonlinearity, EDT, Early Decay Time, Center Time, Clarity, and Definition in various frequency bands, adjustable Schroeder integration limits)
- MultiTool - Powerful data monitoring and project management (Add 2-6 subtools, depending on screen size, and save configurations for easy recall at a later time.)
- Polar Plot - Generate beautiful high-resolution plots of polar data loaded from properly formatted data in a text or csv file.
Additional Pro Features:
- User-defined custom metadata in saved audio and data files
- Data logging support in the Level Meter, Octave Analyzer, and Noise Dosimeter
- Percentile exceeded sound levels in the Level Meter and Octave Analyzer
- NC, RNC, and NR references curves, NC, SIL, and NR values in the Octave Analyzer
- Voltage decibel levels can be displayed in dBV or dBu
Terms and Conditions for FaberAcoustical.com:
- The Spectrogram now supports user-selected min and max frequencies.
- The Spectrogram now supports graphing with time on the vertical axis (consistent with a typical LOFARgram).
- The Spectrogram includes an Auto Stop function for stopping after a user-defined period of time.
- When exporting Spectrogram data to a file, the magnitude data will be stored as decibel values when the dB scale is selected for magnitude values in the display settings.
- Support added for the latest Digiducer USB Digital Accelerometer models.
- Other cosmetic and minor improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
fft requires a subscription. Are you kidding me?
EDIT : I don't have a problem with paying for a good product, but not even letting you do an fft renders the free portion of the tool practically useless. The app can be downloaded for free, but it actually requires a subscription. No thanks.
Developer Response ,
You can certainly find other FFT analyzers for cheap or free. The FFT Analyzer tool in SignalScope X offers more than you might find elsewhere for a comparable price, including multi-channel analysis (up to 16 channels, simultaneously, in real time), audio sample rates up to 768 kHz (with suitable hardware), a precise data cursor, data export (to MAT or CSV files), high resolution PDF graph generation, real-time data overlay over previously captured data, and many other configuration options. It's designed for lab-grade measurements. Charging a fee for the hard work invested in making a top-tier audio spectrum analyzer is how we stay in business. Thank you for your consideration.
Captured (saw) hum in vehicle when others didn't.
I had a low amplitude hum in my motor vehicle after a crash and repair. It was irritating me but two other spectrum analyzer/FFT apps didn't "see" it, probably because of road rumble noise that was almost as loud, overwhelming the measurement. This SignalScope X app did see it, which I showed the mechanic. I recommend it.
Horrible app, had to download for school and it had a whole complicated lab that was very annoying to do
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Faber Acoustical, LLC
- 8.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Faber Acoustical, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Tool Set, 1 Month $2.99
- Pro Tool Set, 1 Month $29.99
- Advanced Tool Set, 1 Month $9.99
- Basic Tool Set, 1 Year $29.99
- Pro Tool Set, 1 Year $299.99
- Advanced Tool Set, 1 Year $99.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.