SignalScope X offers a range of powerful measurement and analysis tools to enhance your productivity in areas such as acoustics (sound and vibration), audio, electronics, and electroacoustics.
SignalScope X, which is free to download, includes a free oscilloscope tool. SignalScope X makes additional tools available via 3 tiers of subscription-based tool sets to meet your basic, advanced, and professional needs. Each subscription unlocks its tools and features in SignalScope X on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Analyze signals coming from the Mac or iOS device’s current audio input device.
- Assign input channel units and sensitivities for individual USB Audio devices.
- Direct support for Digiducer, Studio Six Digital, and select miniDSP hardware devices.
- Nominal acoustic sensitivities included for iOS device microphones, voltage sensitivities for headset input (including the Lightning-to-headset adapter)
- Manually switch between available audio input and output sources.
- Load microphone frequency response data (FRD) and apply frequency response correction (FRC) to FFT-based measurements.
- Manually adjust audio sample rates, even up to 192 kHz, depending on input hardware.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Save acquired measurement data to CSV, TXT (tab-delimited), or MAT files.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files.
- Retrieve your data files via Files (iCloud Drive), iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser.
- Oscilloscope - Basic oscilloscope and triggering functions
- FFT Analyzer - Spectrum analyzer with user-settable frequency limits and basic triggering
- 2D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer
- XY Plotter - Create Lissajous curves
Advanced Tools: (Advanced Tool Set also includes basic tools)
- 3D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer - Stunning live visualization of incoming data
- Octave-band Analyzer - Whole and 1/3-octave RTA
- Level Meter - Overall signal level meter
- Noise Dosimeter
- Data Recorder - Stream up to 8 channels to WAV, AIF, or CAF audio files
- Stereo Signal Generator
Pro Tools: (Pro Tool Set subscription includes basic and advanced tools)
- Dual-channel System Analyzer (Frequency Response Magnitude/Phase, Phase Delay, Group Delay, Coherence, Impulse Response and Cross-Correlation)
- Room Acoustics Analyzer (T20, T30, T60, nonlinearity, EDT, Early Decay Time, Center Time, Clarity, and Definition in various frequency bands, adjustable Schroeder integration limits)
- MultiTool - Powerful data monitoring and project management (Add up to 2 subtools on iPhone, 6 subtools on Mac or iPad Pro with 10.5-inch or larger display, 4 subtools on other iPad models, and save configurations for easy recall at a later time.)
- Multi-channel Audio File Player - Analyze pre-recorded data
Additional Pro Features:
- Data logging support in the Level Meter, Octave Analyzer, and Noise Dosimeter
- Percentile exceeded sound levels in the Level Meter and Octave Analyzer
- NC, RNC, and NR references curves, NC, SIL, and NR values in the Octave Analyzer
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the end of the free trial period, unless you have turned off automatic renewal. If the free trial has already expired, payment will be charged at confirmation of subscription purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period for the same price as the current period.
- You may manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
- This update brings important changes to support impact testing (for modal analysis) in the Dual FFT Analyzer tool.
- The FFT and Dual FFT Analyzer tools now include support for exponential, force, and force exponential windows. Windows may be chosen independently for the X and Y inputs of the Dual FFT Analyzer tool.
- A graph of the data window shape can now be seen in the newly enhanced data window selection menu.
- Exponential window decay and force window length can be adjusted in the data window selection menu.
- The Dual FFT Analyzer tool now supports a pre-trigger delay and manual acceptance or rejection of raw triggered data. Before accepting or rejecting the triggered data, the raw time data for X and Y inputs may be previewed. This is useful to ensure valid measurements when acquiring impulse data for modal analysis, e.g., using an impact hammer and accelerometers to measure the response of a vibrating structure.
- It is now possible to set the maximum display frequency in the FFT and DFFT tool options menu up to 500 kHz.
- Minor bug fixes and cosmetic improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
You won’t be happy, the negative reviews are accurate
Like so many others I purchased the app, and expensive add-ons from this developer. I too paid well over $100 for the software. The app no longer works. I exchanged emails with them, and they have lots of talking points to explain why your expensive software no longer works, and you should buy it all over again for even more money, with no real added features. It comes down to this, the developer wants more money. Ok, sure, why not? Except they want the money from the people who already paid for it. The app is disabled, so you either pay them all over again, or you software is a brick that won’t even open. They want to blame Apple. Really? They want to move to a subscription model, and they are going to make you pay. If you haven’t already purchased this software, I would suggest you think whether you want to be treated the way we have been. There are alternatives available. Why suffer the pain of dealing with this developer who treats his customers so poorly? The problem isn’t the software, it’s that the developer has no regard for their customers, and, to put it simply, won’t do the right thing. BTW, just found the Spectrum app.
Great tools, lousy company
This company makes great tools. I have used their apps and they work great. Unfortunately, they do not have any customer loyalty at all. I paid $150 for a complete tool set and got great use out of it for several years. Unfortunately it was written for 32 bit architecture. When Apple forced app developers to update to 64 bit, these guys wrote a new app and started billing monthly. They didn’t bother to update the previous app and now my expensive app toolkit is useless. When I asked for support, they blamed Apple. When I asked about legacy upgrades, they claim Apple won’t let them. The tool kit that most closely resembles the kit I purchased is not over $170 per year. I only need this tool about three times a year. I need a one time fee tool. I’m headed back to SMAART.
But only if you don’t mind lame excuses 2 years later. I purchased the original in December 2017, paid about $100. As of September 2019 it stopped working. You want me to pay a subscription great, refund my $100 and then maybe I will. Tired of all these subscription based apps. I use the app once a month, not worth it. If they were good devs they would update the original instead of screwing all of us! Yes you could very well have predicted an update would brick the app, it happens more often than not. Line 6 fixed their issues when IOS 13 bricked the Sonics! To those who are in the same boat as me the only way to fix it is use an older iPad like an air 1, it can’t be updated to iOS 13.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Faber Acoustical, LLC
- 8.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Faber Acoustical, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Tool Set, 1 Month $0.99
- Pro Tool Set, 1 Month $14.99
- Advanced Tool Set, 1 Month $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.