Version 4 continues SignalSuite's tradition of offering tremendous flexibility in an audio test signal generator. The new version adds support for up to two stereo signal generators to be operated simultaneously.
Audio Unit generator support opens up endless possibilities for additional signal types. This includes signals stored in standard audio files, which can be now played within SignalSuite by using the AUAudioFilePlayer plug-in included with Mac OS X. It also opens up the option to play back signals sent across a network from another computer, via the AUNetSend/AUNetReceive plug-ins, which are also included with Mac OS X.
- Select any audio output device available in Mac OS X
- Select any two output channels on multi-channel audio devices
- Choose from all output signal formats supported by the current audio device
- Invert polarity on either output channel
- Generate any of the following signal types:
- Square Wave with arbitrary duty cycle
- Triangle Wave
- Sawtooth Wave
- Random Noise (white or pink)
- Maximum Length Sequence, or MLS (white or pink)
- Pseudorandom Noise (white or pink), designed for a perfectly flat spectrum with corresponding FFT length
- Swept Sine (Chirp) with linear or logarithmic frequency sweep
- Optional Swept Cosine signal, phase-locked with Swept Sine
- Any signals produced by Audio Unit generator plug-ins
- Relative Phase adjustment between the two periodic signals
- Independent amplitude adjustment, fine and coarse frequency controls, and pan for periodic signals
- Choose upper and lower frequency limits, duration, sweep direction, and repeat of swept sine
- Choose any combination of available signal types to be active simultaneously
- Master Start/Pause control
- Master Volume control
- Start or pause SignalSuite from the dock icon popup menu
- Save signals of arbitrary duration directly to a standard audio file (AIFF or WAVE format)
- Extensive AppleScript support
- Multiple panning behaviors
- Minor cosmetic improvements and stability enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I bought thi App hoping it had a good noise generator which is the extent of my knowledge in this area. Suffice to say it certainly does which didnt surpise me. What did surprise me however is the fact that this may be the most complex, feature packed, detailed $20 App I've ever purchased. At least from my perspective which is assuming all of the tools, settings and controls are as practical and intuitive as they appear to be. For those who would know which I do not for the most part. I can't imagine what the higher end versions are like. iGreat work.
I am an acoustician and perfrom a wide variety of measurements. Mostly I forced to use tools on Windows machines because of the corporate policies that require MS Windows. I do however turn to Signal Suite to develop quick examples of signals that we can use in data acquisition and system characterization. This software is complex and full-featured - something like a good dark roast coffee when all you've ever experienced is Folgers in your cup. Signal Suite allows you to create the whole gamut of noises: White, Pink, Pseudo Random and Maximum Length Sequences. The lengths of the signals are variable. The tone generators can be right or left channels. As well, differnt shaped waveforms can be created. Perhaps the more fun aspect of the tool are the access to the Core-Audio filters within the Mac OS. If you are interested in a full-featured audio generation application, this is well worth the money.
Does exactally what it says it does. Interface takes a little getting used to, but it comes quick. Overall very nice!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.