Best-selling children’s stories performed in AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE or BRITISH SIGN LANGUAGE, with FREE book, vocabulary builder and fun learning games.
- Awesome high-definition books from as little as 99¢/79p - preview before you buy
- Stories selected to support Common Core State Standards and National Curriculum
- Develop language skills with the video vocabulary builder
- Optional captions/subtitles can be customized for children with dyslexia and special needs
- Accessible for all children with narration, music and sound effects
READ – SIGN – WATCH – LISTEN – PLAY – LEARN
- New books every month from top publishers
- Enhance learning playing two interactive language games with every book
- Get the best out of stories with useful tips for parents, carers and teachers
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING...
“Signed Stories is an outstanding addition to any child's library. These highly versatile apps give your child the opportunity to experience a story like no other...your child is given the chance to be exposed to literacy on its highest level.” Educational Resource Specialist, USA
"The students I work with ask me all the time 'when is a new book coming?' It has enriched their love for reading in a way that is beautiful to behold." ASL Interpreter, USA
“I am über thrilled at the ASL stories now available for purchase. I downloaded every single ASL story this morning. I am not typically an app buyer...very happy to see this resource come available. I'll be ready & waiting for your next releases.” Mother of deaf children, USA
Follow us on Twitter (@SignedStories), Facebook (facebook.com/ITVSignedStories) YouTube (youtube.com/ITVSignedStories) and Instagram @itv_signedstories
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
* Improved performance of store
* Option to receive messages from Signed Stories about new books and special offers
Ratings and Reviews
One of my favorite apps, but...
This is one of my favorite apps, especially for my Deaf 5 year old. However, recently, the ability to sync purchases has not been working and so we’ve had to pay twice for the same book—one on my account and one on my son’s account, and we share a family account. I have close to $200 worth of books on my ipad...I do NOT want to have to rebuy all of them because the syncing no longer works. I’m disappointed that my Deaf child will not be able to use this app because I’m not rebuying every book—I’m already not pleased that I’ve had to rebuy a couple favorites to get him through until this issue is fixed.
Love the app but the game is glitching
I love this app, but at the end of the videos when you get to play the game where you’re shown a video of a sign and have to guess which sign it was isn’t working. It plays the same video for the same sign for every question, so you can only get the first question right. The rest you have to guess. My student keeps trying to play the game and gets very confused. I also couldn’t find a way to contact support to get it fixed. I would appreciate any help.
App exits at flash screen
My special needs two year old begs to watch these. He knows asl and the stories help him focus when eating. Now the app won't load at all even after shutdown. This has of course led to tantrums on his part. Should I delete and reinstall the app? Will I lose all the books we purchased? The problem started when we downloaded The Flower and got worse after buying Five Speckled Frogs which also goes to a green screen midway in the story.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ITV Broadcasting Limited
- 41.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © ITV SignPost
- In-App Purchases
- Three Little Pigs ASL $3.99
- Three Little Pigs BSL $3.99
- Three Billy Goats Gruff ASL $5.99
- Three Billy Goats Gruff BSL $5.99
- The Lost Stars BSL $3.99
- The Frog Prince ASL $2.99
- The Frog Prince BSL $2.99
- The Flower ASL $1.99
- The Flower BSL $1.99
- The Elves and the Shoemaker ASL $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.