SimControlX is a sophisticated iPad-based Instructor / Operator Station (IOS) for Prepar3D®, X-Plane and ELITE XTS flight simulators (please review currently supported simulator versions below). SimControlX brings updated iOS platform support, various under-the-hood improvements, a fresh look-and-feel as well as useful new features to its capable predecessor SimControl. It uses Wi-Fi to communicate to the host simulator via custom server software which can be obtained from www.simcontrol.net.
SimControlX will enhance your flight simulator experience unlike any other app on the market. This app gives you the power of a powerful instructor station, in your lap!
SimControlX grants users the ability to reposition aircraft instantly, change the wind and weather, fail engine components or instruments for realistic training in your simulator and much more without ever needing to get out of the captain’s chair or interrupt the simulation. This helps make the experience fun again by alleviating many of the common complaints, distractions, and tasks that require navigating through multiple computer screens. SimControlX also makes training scenarios easier than ever to achieve. With the use of instant aircraft repositioning you could, for instance, set yourself up for an approach 5, 10 or 15 nautical miles from the runway or even left or right downwind, as many times as you need or practice engine out procedures with the press of a button.
- Prepar3D® v3.4, v4.0+ and 5.0+
- X-Plane 10 [64-bit] and X-Plane 11
- ELITE XTS
- Worldwide moving map screen with flight path tracing (requires internet connection)
- Changing of user aircraft without using any tedious menus in the host simulator (P3D & X-Plane only)
- Instant repositioning of aircraft
- Set custom weather settings with multiple layers
- Option to use current real METAR weather settings for your local area (requires internet connection)
- Quick and easy connection to the simulator over WiFi
- Fuel top off and battery recharge at the click of a button
- AI traffic display on map (P3D & X-Plane only)
- Dedicated failures page for instruments, systems, and engine malfunctions and random failures
* This software as well as included data and charts are NOT for real world aviation use. They are intended for flight simulator use only. You must consult appropriate sources before flying a real aircraft.
* More information available at www.simcontrol.net
* For app support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* For non-support questions, please use this email: email@example.com
* Simulator connectivity thanks to Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®, Laminar Research's X-Plane and ELITE Simulation Solutions XTS
- Added in-air aircraft repositioning from map page. (Pro users only)
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
No support - server fails
Unable to use due to the server crashing. No response from company. Beware
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the app. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details regarding your issue and we will be happy to assist you.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Azure Computing Inc.
- 6.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2022 Azure Computing Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.