"DEFINITELY amongst the 10 BEST adventure games of ALL TIME" - ACG (Adventure Classic Gaming)
“An instant classic. You won’t regret playing it.” – Adventure Gamers
There are some things that kids just shouldn't have to put up with. Being transported to some weird dimension full of goblins, dwarves, swamplings, stupid wizards and sleeping giants is definitely one of them.
After escaping a "welcoming party", Simon discovers that he has been brought on a quest to rescue the wizard Calypso from the evil sorcerer Sordid.
In the last 25 years, the 'Simon the Sorcerer' game series has made millions of players fall in love with Simon.
Now you can relive the renowned original adventure in a whole new way!
'Simon The Sorcerer: 25th Anniversary Edition' features:
- Totally new, much praised, game play controls that were built from the ground up for touch-screens.
* Hotspot based - no more pixel hunting!
* All-new slick icons and animations.
* For more details, please see our tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFp03nw_yyA&hd=1
- Completely new game menus and save/load system
- Three Music options: New stereo recording and the Original music in MT-32 or Adlib
- High-end graphics upscaling (xBR filter) for high-resolution displays
- Optional retro settings: play with original graphics, original music and even the original controls (mouse pointer)
- Multiple languages (ALL included without additional payment):
English voice acting, with the option for adding subtitles in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian and Hebrew
German voice acting or subtitles-only
- GREAT PURCHASE! The best and most affordable way to experience this timeless classic
The 25th Anniversary Edition produced and developed by MojoTouch © 2008-2018 all rights reserved.
Licensed from Adventure Soft - the original Simon the Sorcerer game developer.
Uses ScummVM which is protected under GNU-GPL v2. For more information please visit http://mojo-touch.com/gpl
PROBLEM SAVING ? You can also try and save manually by doing the action 'Use' on 'Postcard' in your inventory.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simon the Sorcerer: 25th Anniversary Edition review
I am a huge fan of SCUMM VM games. It all started with Monkey Island. Then, I decided to Google SCUMM VM Games and I found a lot. One of them was Simon the Sorcerer. A couple of months later, I found out about remastered editions. I searched a few on my phone and that’s when I found this game. I like the graphics and the way you can make it classic mode. That’s really all I can say. By.
Great game, updates are clumsy
Simon the sorcerer is a great game! This version is a very clumsy when it comes to graphic design of the new elements though. For example, the idea of using a scaler to render graphics at higher resolution is awful. The original graphics were drawn pixel by pixel to be displayed as they were created, the scaler butchers most of them! Even if a classic option is given, this should be the default, and the scaler not even included. Also, the new UI elements are high-res and do not match with the game pixelated art, making it look like a student project rather than a professional game. So, please be careful when adding new elements to existing games, as styles should match.
I loved this game so much as a teenager. And it holds well 26 years later! This port is flawless. I played on original graphics, because I think it looks better, and way more nostalgic :)
- Liron Barzilai
- 363.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008 MojoTouch and Adventure Soft Publishing
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.