Antnotes are like paper notes: they are glued to your monitor, but from the other side of the screen.
This nice and handy application lives in the menu bar for faster access and has the following features:
- customizable background, font and text color
- pin note to desktop to make it stay atop of other windows
- translucent notes
- make new notes by dragging text, images and files to the menu bar icon
- drag images and sounds to note contents
- automatically hide notes when inactive
- quick access via menu bar icon
- configurable global shortcuts to create new note or show/hide all notes
- integration with services: create new note from any text in any application
- snap to screen bounds and other notes
- archive with all closed notes - do not lose your information by accidentally closing a note
- smart position choosing for different display configurations
Want more features? Let us know, or check out our Antnotes application!
Visit our support forums: https://www.antlogic.com/forum/
- added option to disable gradient background
- added option to create new notes in bottom left/right corners
- changed delay for close/options buttons showing
- some minor compatibility and UI fixes
- fixed German localisation
Ratings and Reviews
Terrific app, with one caveat...
Love all of the optios of this Stickies replacement, including its historical record of closed notes. The only thing that’s bugging me, and I don’t think this was the case when I started using it a year or so ago, is that the notes don’t reliably remember their locations when I plug a monitor into my laptop for dual monitor use - they keep overlapping or moving away from each other. I wish that it would just stick with a fixed pixel value relative to a specific corner of the screen so that the arrangement is identical regardless of what screen it’s appearing in.
The free version works well, but it has some problems like font colors can’t be changed independently from each other. For example, if one word in a sentence is changed to blue then the whole note will change also to blue. I’d buy this app, but I don’t know if the paid version has the same problem. This’s a minor failure which is ok for the free version but developers should pay more attention to free apps since people will judge the quality of the paid version through the free version like myself.
Update: this app has changed for the positive. In the past, I had troubles with it but now it works fine. I have the free version, and it’s all I need cause I can change colors, letters, eat without spending a cent. Good work for the developers. Everyone should have this app.
This app has so many more problems than it does benefits. The notes are hard to move around the screen and fade to where they are partially transparent if you are not actively editing the note--terrible for using as reference! These problems would not be problems if there were an option to edit the settings, which there is not. Everytime I use this app I end up incredibly frustrated with how poorly designed it it. It in no way should be categorized as a "productivity" app, because if anything it hinders productivity! I wish there was an option to rate this app 0 stars. I considered upgrading to the paid version to potentially avoid these problems, but I feel no reason to pay $3 to an app that more than likely will not work, as the publisher obviously does not understand what convenience and ease of use are. 0/10 do not recommend.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.