Simple Battery Monitor shows remaining time, charge percentage and battery status in a compact menu bar app.
* It warns you with an orange arrow icon when some apps consume too much power.
* Time remaining adapts to your usage and when some demanding apps start consuming too much power it shows time remaining as if those consuming apps continue to run.
* You can view cycle count in the status menu
* Notifies when the battery is low and the battery level is critical.
* Time remaining is for both charging and discharging.
* It shows the estimated time in case of unplugged when it is charging
Build for M1 Devices
Ratings and Reviews
Battery life indicator
I am now unsure which indicator is correct, the Mac supplied dock reference or this app. The computer interanl Mac reading says I have 82% remaining battery life and rhe app says 78%. Which one is correct?
Developer Response ,
Thank you for using Simple Battery Monitor.
I use a different battery charge computation method. MacOS considers the battery is full when it is actually around 95% full and computes the remaining charge based on this level.
I take 100% as the full level and this may result in around 4%-5% difference.
This works great on my 2020 Intel MacbookPro (5 stars there), but not so much on my 2021 M1 (1 star) On the M1 it seems to never think I have more than 9 minutes of charge. It will stay on 0:09 for hours, then on 0:08 for hours, etc. Right now it says I'm discharging and have 0:07 and 86% battery. Activity Monitor says I have 9:21.
Update: charging time seems to be accurate. It's only inaccurate on discharge.
doesn't seem accurate
I like the design, but the percentage is not accurate. Shows 33% while system prefs and bettery medic both show 26%. Computer turned off yesterday when this app was still showing enough that it should have stayed on a while longer.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zafer ARICAN
- 9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Zafer Arıcan