Stop hunting for your mouse!
Computers with multiple high resolution displays present us with the "where is my mouse" problem. Simple Mouse Locator reveals the mouse position via a momentary or permanent locator.
• Momentary mouse locator is a visual effect active up to few seconds. It can be an animated or static ring.
• Permanent mouse locator is a static ring only.
The tool is highly customizable: geometry, transparency, animation speed, hotkeys, mouse gesture, events.
- Hotkey combination.
- Single modifier key.
- Mouse gesture.
- Mouse movement between screens.
- Mouse movement after a period of inactivity.
- Colors and opacity.
- Predefined sample colors.
- Size and thickness.
- Animated or static.
- Animation speed and repetition.
- Momentary or permanent.
• General features:
- Locator is visible on all monitors and in full screen.
- Customizable hotkeys.
- Application menu in menu bar extras can be shown or hidden.
- Can start automatically at user login.
- Common Preferences panel for all settings.
- Support multiple users, screens and desktops.
- Built on Apple's security paradigm sandboxing - reducing the threat of rogue code and malware.
- When the app is running, no icon is shown in the Dock. The basic control is through a menu in menu bar extras.
- Simple Mouse Locator neither changes the shape of mouse pointer nor hides it.
- Simple Mouse Locator is designed for maximum simplicity. If you prefer more features please consider myPoint Light.
- By default Mouse Locator is tuned as momentary animated ring and can be shown or hidden by some events. More settings are available in Locator Center.
- If you have an inquiry or need a help to tune up our app, please drop us a line at email@example.com. We will reply in 24 hours.
Fixes in mouse tracking and preferences panel.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple, straightforward, does one thing and does it well. Switched to this from an older 32-bit mouse-locator utilty, does exactly what I need. When I first log in or am coming back after being away for a while it can sometimes be hard to find where the mouse position is against my grey desktop background. The built-in macOS mouse shake motion that briefly enlarges the cursor doesn't work reliably for me and even when it does is often too quick to notice. Simple Mouse Locator is perfect - hit the hot-key I configured in the settings and a nice colored ring is displayed at the current mouse location.
Too much trouble to use
UPDATE Jun 13, 2019 - the developer responded almost immediately and helped with a solution, I changed my review to 4 stars solely on the responsiveness and help they gave me. Kudos and thanks!
Jun 12, 2019 I am running 3 monitors and finding the mouse is a pain in the neck. This app seemed like the answer. WHEN it works it's great, the issue is that it often doesn't. After a few minutes it seems to deactivate, after waking from screen saver it deactivates, it won't activate with the mouse, trackpad movement etc. Restart works for a few mins then it doesn't. Great try, I guess with the price point it isn't worth trying to get the 0.99 back.
Developer Response ,
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code Race Team
Perfect one trick pony
Working with 3 monitors and being over 50 makes this utility a necessity. I've used a mouse locator for years but the old 32 bit became problematic. This works much better for me than the built in mouse locator and has some very nice options. (disable when using one monitor!) After one hour of use I'm totally sold. At times I get annoyed at paying for something that seems so simple it should be freely available somewhere. But if you are going to charge make it a fleshed out finished product, which is exactly what this is. Nice work. And triple the price.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.