Simple Weather Widget is simply the best weather widget in the App Store. It provides a highly customizable, very compact, beautifully designed widget in the "Today" view on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, which displays the current weather (and, optionally, a forecast) for your location. Finally a weather widget with NO WASTED SPACE on your Today screen!
A simple, clean, compact design with lots of options so you see as much or as little information as you want. Available information:
- Relative humidity or dew point
- Today's high/low temperatures
- Wind speed and direction
- Sunrise/sunset time
- Severe weather alerts (premium users only)
- "Feels like" temperature (premium users only)
- UV Index (premium users only)
- Temperature (hourly & daily high/low)
- Precipitation likelihood (hourly & daily) (premium users only)
- Wind speed (hourly) (premium users only)
As much or as little as you'd like of all that information, and it only takes up a tiny bit of your Today View screen space.
You can also change the colors, select from three icon styles, or add a background image.
The free version features high quality weather data for your area from OpenWeatherMap. With a "Premium" upgrade, the widget can access more detailed data ("feels like" temperature, UV index, forecasted precipitation likelihood etc.) powered by the Dark Sky weather data service (it's a paid service, which is why the Premium option costs a bit more). There's also an economical "Plus" option that simply removes the "free version" message and updates the forecast more frequently.
To add the widget to your Today view, once you've installed the app, just swipe down from the top of the screen, select the "Today" tab, and then find the "Edit" button at the bottom of the page. Under "Do Not Include", you'll find an item called "Weather" with the app's icon. Tap the little green (+) button next to it, and you're all set!
At long last, the much-anticipated next version of Simple Weather Widget! Here's what's new:
- We finally fixed the "Unable To Load" bug some users were experiencing when weather data updated!
- We added our most-requested feature: Full, detailed daily and hourly forecasts on two separate lines!
- We updated the widget to work better with iOS 10: We've decided (for the time being, at least) *not* to migrate to the new "collapsible" iOS 10 widget style, primarily because it won't allow our widget to be as small as it currently is, even in collapsed mode. If Apple decides to allow shorter widgets in a future iOS release, we'll update.
Feel free to send us an email with any questions or comments, we love to hear your feedback! Also, if you like Simple Weather Widget, please leave us a new review in the App Store, and consider upgrading to Plus or Premium. Thanks so much for all your support!!!
Ratings and Reviews
Current location issue
Current location won’t update on the widget
I purchased your widget several months ago. It is a great widget: nicely designed and easy to configure.
Unfortunately it is problematic in its only function. For example, last Saturday It forecasted rain for my home town through to the end of the following week.
However, AcuWeather showed a more sunny forecast as did the local Weather Service.
So I think you need to look into receiving your weather data from a more reliable source.
Additionally, the email listed on your website bounced my mails.
Developer Response ,
Apologies for not seeing this sooner! The email issue has been fixed. As for accuracy: Dark Sky (which our premium version uses) is consistently rated highly for accuracy. I would like to offer other options such as AccuWeather, as I know different services are better or worse in different locations; however the other highly-rated paid services are unaffordable for an app like ours with a small number of paid users (we’d have to have tens of thousands of users, or charge a lot more money than anyone would want to spend, in order to break even using AccuWeather, for example). I do know that Dark Sky is always working on improving their forecasting system, so the accuracy in your area may improve over time. If you’re not happy with it, though, accept my apologies and feel free to request a refund from Apple. Cheers, -BBB
Updated to iOS 11 & hourly forcast is gone
Hopefully fixed soon
- Back Bay Bytes LLC
- 13.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2017 Back Bay Bytes LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $3.99
- Simple Weather Widget Plus $0.99
- Premium 6 Month Subscription $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.