• Manage aliases: create/edit/delete & enable/disable an alias.
• Manage contacts: create contacts to send email from your aliases.
• Manage mailboxes: create/delete/make default a mailbox.
• Share extension: create alias without leaving your browser.
• Secure login with Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
• Secure access with TouchID & FaceID.
• Support self-hosted: you can use this application with your own SimpleLogin instance.
• Support dark mode.
And many more features in active development.
SimpleLogin is an open source solution to protect your email inbox. Its macOS & iOS application allows you to create quickly a random email address (aka alias). All emails sent to an alias is forwarded to your personal email address.
You can use the alias when subscribing to a newsletter, signing up for a new account, giving your email to someone you don't trust. Not only an alias can receive emails, it can also send emails. An alias is a full-fledged email address.
Later if you can simply block or delete an alias if it's too spammy.
When you give away your personal email online, there is a good chance that your email address would end up with a spammer or a hacker. SimpleLogin acts as a firewall for to protect your personal email inbox.
What distinguishes SimpleLogin:
• Open-source and easy to self-host. The self-hosting is based on Docker and could be run on almost any Linux server. The hosting instruction is on our repository at https://github.com/simple-login/app
• Powerful features if you have a domain (only available at premium plan).
• Generous free plan: there's no cap on bandwidth or number of replies/sends. The Free Plan is enough for protecting your personal email. Premium Plan targets at more "advanced" users with features like custom domain, unlimited alias or catch-all alias.
• Open Roadmap with exciting upcoming features: email directory, mailboxes, extension for Safari, mobile applications, etc. Feel free to check it out on https://trello.com/b/4d6A69I4/open-roadmap
• Export your data: allows you to change the service provider if someday you decide to leave SimpleLogin.
Terms and conditions: https://simplelogin.io/terms/
Able to use dot character in alias prefix
Ratings and Reviews
This has been great so far. I received all my forwarding emails without a problem. I like the option to turn off aliases when I want. I like the option to add notes to aliases.
I wish the free version allow you to create more aliases continuously- like only 2 per week. I hate that you’re block from creating new alias unless you sign up for premium. If I find another (freemium) service that allows that, I’ll move.
I’m liking this service. There are lots of masked email / throwaway services available these days (Firefox, DuckDuckGo, even iCloud to name a few).
SimpleLogin is for power users. There are lots of features in the free tier and even more in the paid tiers. While I don’t use the custom domain feature, that alone is pretty cool. The encryption stuff is a little out of my league but that’s not something I’ve seen with any other service, so that’s pretty cool too.
The main reason I don’t offer five stars is because to my knowledge there’s no browser or share-sheet integration. You have to do everything within the app. It would be nice to have some way to auto-populate email fields on the fly.
And I know this is a big deal so I’m not being too critical here, but it would be cool to have on the fly auto-generation of throwaway emails. Like DuckDuckGo: you can just generate new email address all day long. I realize that’s probably a lot of server or processing needs at a large scale so like I said, I’m not holding this against SimpleLogin. Just something to think about …
Love this app! Incredibly versatile and powerful.
Such a powerful and versatile tool. You can easily create, edit, reassign, and remove aliases and amazingly you are allowed 15 on the free plan. Indispensable for managing online accounts, automatically organizing emails, and preventing spam. The random names it comes up with for the aliases also tend to be very entertaining. The app UI is simple and intuitive but very effective, as is the website itself. Can’t recommend this enough.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 20.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019-2021 SimpleLogin
- In-App Purchases
- Premium (monthly) $3.99
- Premium (yearly) $29.99