Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember information and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
• Everything you need to get started with mind mapping.
• No ads.
• No data collection.
• No need to sign up for an account.
• Upgrade to full functionality is a one-time single purchase.
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 10+ years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free-form layout or various auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using clouds.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the style of the Mind Map.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free-form layout
○ or use auto layout - great for brainstorming
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use checkboxes, progress bars, auto-numbering
○ connect any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
Add media and documents
○ images and photos
○ icons (stock, emojis or custom)
○ link to a topic, mind map, contact, file or webpage
Seamless synchronization using clouds
○ sync mind maps with your Mac computers
○ sync mind maps across platforms. For example with iPad&iPhone - as a separate purchase
○ built-in support for Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, 坚果云 - Nutstore, and Nextcloud
○ use iCloud via Finder
Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ create a slideshow to present your Mind Map
○ export to Reminders or Calendar
Style your mind map
○ change the appearance by selecting one of the 15+ style sheets
○ create your own style sheets
○ style every detail, exactly how you want it
○ change borders, lines, colors, background color, the checkbox color, and much more
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ block out distractions with autofocus
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ visually group topics with group borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
○ outline view
• Use the new Full Screen Button to easily switch to full screen editing.
• Improved look of topics with borders in the Natural Stylesheets.
• The icon inspector shows recently used icons and all icons used in this mind map.
• Reorder stocks icons and stylesheets (MacOS 10.13+).
• Google Drive now includes “Shared with me”.
• Word wrap improved for far east languages.
• Maximum thumbnail size increased to 640 pixels.
• Thumbnails can be locked to a fixed position.
Ratings and Reviews
Solid Mind Mapping Program
I've been using SM Lite for years, and when I had to change computers, I figured out how to transfer the old to the same folder, and it handled the incoming files efficiently! Sure, I had to delete some useless ones, but the old ones looked great!
Thanks SimpleMind developers! Thanks ModelMaker!
Some people complained about the upgrade. Sure, it's pricy, but the Lite version is fantastic for a Mac. And if you need to share a map as a PDF or PNG, you can take a screenshot. Sure, it's a cheap option and it's not as nice, but you can pay for the full version.
I personally would consider upgrading if the price were under 10 bucks but it's not mine to say and I'm on a slim budget. The developer can charge whatever he likes. May I be so daring to suggest a 'lunch money' payment for an upgrade? That means "whatever one would pay for lunch" can go to the developer. I've rarely run into this with developers, but it allows people to spend what they can for the upgrade. (There ARE people who would pay 30 bucks for lunch. But I can't afford it.)
Lite is great!
I've been using SimpleMind Lite for many years. So thankful this product continues to be developed, because it's great. Ease of use is outstanding. Quick and straightforward to get ideas out of my brain and into a visually compelling format. I use it primarily for marshalling my list of to-dos and for organizing my thoughts for writing projects. Features I wish for: (a) option to create a to-do list directly from a mindmap that can be clicked to mark items done and (b) outline view copyable so that I can copy-paste into a word processor.
Missed the target slightly...
I put this on my iPad and Mac, started using it to organize my ideas a bit better than an outliner or list maker. It is a pretty good mind mapper, and if you need all the functionality of a full up mind mapper, go for it. Unfortunately, I discovered that if I actually wanted to share my maps across devices, I had to upgrade this to the $30 version. It’s a nice product, but since the only additional feature I needed was to share maps across devices, it wasn’t worth it to me. Back to list managers that do share.
Oh, I would be OK with a $10 upgrade to just add on sharing, but not $30… sorry.
One last thing… as a mind mapper, i was also disappointed that it did not support many-to-many associations… in other words, I could not get an existing parent node to link to an existing child node such that the child node had two parents. A pretty standard thing, really. Maybe that’s in the upgrade, but can’t say.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ModelMaker Tools BV
- 12.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2021, ModelMaker Tools - SimpleApps
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Pro Functionality $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.