Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind for Mac Full edition supports sharing Mind Maps and adds tons of productivity boosting features - https://simplemind.eu/download/full-edition/
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for iPad/iPhone
• Everything you need to get started with mind mapping.
• No ads.
• No need to sign up for an account.
• Upgrade to full functionality is a one-time single purchase.
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ use single select or multiple select
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ collapse and expand branches
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
• Auto focus extended with Lock Auto Focus on Selected Branch. The branch remains focused until Auto focus style is changed.
• Improved toolbar images.
• Improved inplace topic editor.
• v1.24.2 fixes bugs reported on v1.24
Ratings and Reviews
Lite is great!
I've been using SimpleMind Lite for many years. So thankful this product continues to be developed, because it's great. Ease of use is outstanding. Quick and straightforward to get ideas out of my brain and into a visually compelling format. I use it primarily for marshalling my list of to-dos and for organizing my thoughts for writing projects. Features I wish for: (a) option to create a to-do list directly from a mindmap that can be clicked to mark items done and (b) outline view copyable so that I can copy-paste into a word processor.
Missed the target slightly...
I put this on my iPad and Mac, started using it to organize my ideas a bit better than an outliner or list maker. It is a pretty good mind mapper, and if you need all the functionality of a full up mind mapper, go for it. Unfortunately, I discovered that if I actually wanted to share my maps across devices, I had to upgrade this to the $30 version. It’s a nice product, but since the only additional feature I needed was to share maps across devices, it wasn’t worth it to me. Back to list managers that do share.
Oh, I would be OK with a $10 upgrade to just add on sharing, but not $30… sorry.
One last thing… as a mind mapper, i was also disappointed that it did not support many-to-many associations… in other words, I could not get an existing parent node to link to an existing child node such that the child node had two parents. A pretty standard thing, really. Maybe that’s in the upgrade, but can’t say.
Writing the Natural Way
Writing the Natural Way is a book I read a while ago that said that clustering was one of the best ways to write. I got Simple Mind Lite and used it once or twice but not that often. Lately, I have gotten the software out again and used it to plan some of my WIP. This software engages its user in free association which for me loosens up the sludge in my brain. Once I start I find all kinds of ideas that I had not considered yet. I put my plot points on one straight line and branch out from there. I work in character traits and connections and a host of other things. I'm not sure what all the paid version does, but I am happy with the light version I have.
Developer Response ,
Best of luck with your writing!
- ModelMaker Tools BV
- 2.7 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2019, ModelMaker Tools
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.