Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember information and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
• Everything you need to get started with mind mapping.
• No ads.
• No data collection.
• No need to sign up for an account.
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 10+ years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ unlimited number of mind maps
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free-form layout
○ or use auto layout - great for brainstorming
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ change the appearance by selecting one of the 15+ style sheets
○ collapse and expand branches
○ block out distractions with autofocus
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ outline view
• SimpleMind Pro supports sharing Mind Maps
• SimpleMind Pro adds tons of productivity boosting features
• SimpleMind Pro is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for iPad&iPhone
• Upgrade to SimpleMind Pro is a one-time single purchase
• Features and pricing: https://simplemind.eu/features-pricing/
• New Stylesheet “Colored Circles”.
• New Stylesheet “Blue Steel”, with a cool flat look.
• New Topic border style "circle".
• Topics support minimum width and height, this allows manual sizing of topics.
• iPhoneLink removed.
• Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lite is great!
I've been using SimpleMind Lite for many years. So thankful this product continues to be developed, because it's great. Ease of use is outstanding. Quick and straightforward to get ideas out of my brain and into a visually compelling format. I use it primarily for marshalling my list of to-dos and for organizing my thoughts for writing projects. Features I wish for: (a) option to create a to-do list directly from a mindmap that can be clicked to mark items done and (b) outline view copyable so that I can copy-paste into a word processor.
Missed the target slightly...
I put this on my iPad and Mac, started using it to organize my ideas a bit better than an outliner or list maker. It is a pretty good mind mapper, and if you need all the functionality of a full up mind mapper, go for it. Unfortunately, I discovered that if I actually wanted to share my maps across devices, I had to upgrade this to the $30 version. It’s a nice product, but since the only additional feature I needed was to share maps across devices, it wasn’t worth it to me. Back to list managers that do share.
Oh, I would be OK with a $10 upgrade to just add on sharing, but not $30… sorry.
One last thing… as a mind mapper, i was also disappointed that it did not support many-to-many associations… in other words, I could not get an existing parent node to link to an existing child node such that the child node had two parents. A pretty standard thing, really. Maybe that’s in the upgrade, but can’t say.
Writing the Natural Way
Writing the Natural Way is a book I read a while ago that said that clustering was one of the best ways to write. I got Simple Mind Lite and used it once or twice but not that often. Lately, I have gotten the software out again and used it to plan some of my WIP. This software engages its user in free association which for me loosens up the sludge in my brain. Once I start I find all kinds of ideas that I had not considered yet. I put my plot points on one straight line and branch out from there. I work in character traits and connections and a host of other things. I'm not sure what all the paid version does, but I am happy with the light version I have.
Developer Response ,
Best of luck with your writing!
- ModelMaker Tools BV
- 2.5 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020, ModelMaker Tools
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.