Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for iPad/iPhone - https://simplemind.eu/download/full-edition/
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Google Drive or your own Nextcloud based server.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use single select or multiple select
○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering
○ link any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive
○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive as a conduit
○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps
○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map
○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days
• Add media and documents
○ voice memos
○ icons (stock or custom)
○ links (navigation or hyperlink)
• Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ import/export as Freemind or opml
○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others
• Change and customize the appearance
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors
○ change the appearance of topics and lines
○ customize background color
• Maintain overview
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
v1.26.1 is bug fix update for v1.26.0
• Open a new blank mind map or start from a template. 11 predefined templates available.
• Add your own templates.
• Export topics with checkboxes to Reminders.
• Export topics with a date as events to Calendar.
• Export topics with a date as .ics events. This can be imported in calendar apps.
• Path style “Rounded” added.
• Transparent .png image export.
• New layout directions for the List Layout: “Top – Right to Left” and “Top – Left to Right”.
• Edit in the outline view.
• Show dates or filter topics with dates, in export outline and print outline.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Saved My Life!!!
This program has saved my life. I have been sitting for hours trying to organize my projects to such extent that my wife has found me at the kitchen table, glassy-eyes, staring into nothingness, notepads and paper strewn about me. Then she said: “maybe there’s an app for that,” reminding me of why I married her. Sure enough, I stumbled across this life-altering program and it has simply saved my life. No need to read instructions, it is completely intuitive. I played with it for exactly 5 minutes and knew exactly how everything worked. It is now 12:42 AM and I love this app so much I felt compelled to stay up and write this review. For anyone who is having difficulty organizing projects of any kind, this application is the best thing in the world. Fpr me, the best part is for each topic, or “block” on the branch, you can write notes on what is needed. This is a complete visual view of your projects, organized in the way that fits you and your needs. Whoever made this program thank you so much.
I tried many different apps at the same time using the same data on Andriod, iOS, and MacOS. This app is cross platform, so I can edit the same file on either my phone, tablet, or computer. This app became my favorite to use & edit testing over several weeks.
I did pay separatly for the iOS & MacOS for the pro version which I'm fine with because I want to support the development of this great product. That was a little over two years ago. Pricing may be different now.
The options and tools are vast. My mind maps and flow charts can get very complex, which I think makes them look the best in the Vertical Layout. Sometimes though, I prefer a Top Down Layout which is just 4 clicks away for the change (Click the starting or center box/entry > horizontal dots > layout icon > Layout modal opens). There are many share options such as PDF, JPG, outline, original file....
They have a support website. And update often.
Best of the Best
I have been hopeful about mind-mapping as a strategy to organize the many different kinds of thoughts worth keeping that flit through my head in a day, and I have tried many different mind mapping programs before Simple Mind. Simple Mind is the one!! It is incredibly powerful in it’s ability to customize everything. It does all of the things I want it to do, and I am finding it a great tool not only to organize my life, but also research, and I used it for a recent presentation, which was well recieved. I love that it works on my Mac desktop, IOS phone, and Chromebook seamlessly. I love that you pay once, rather than a monthly subscription. The updates always come with helpful information for learning about the changes. I am ready to marry Simple Mind until death do us part. Can’t say enough good about it, and I have tried MANY programs made for a similar purpose.
- ModelMaker Tools BV
- 5.2 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020, ModelMaker Tools BV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.