Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for iPad/iPhone - https://simplemind.eu/download/full-edition/
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Google Drive or your own Nextcloud based server.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use single select or multiple select
○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering
○ link any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive
○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox, Nextcloud or Google Drive as a conduit
○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps
○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map
○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days
• Add media and documents
○ voice memos
○ icons (stock or custom)
○ links (navigation or hyperlink)
• Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ import/export as Freemind or opml
○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others
• Change and customize the appearance
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors
○ change the appearance of topics and lines
○ customize background color
• Maintain overview
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
• Easily style topics, lines and more, with the new Style tab in the inspector. Open with Command+5.
• As a result the old style toolbar is hidden by default.
• Tap once in blank space to display the mind map style when the style inspector is open.
• The Files tab supports Import en Import pdf bookmarks.
• Clear history in the Files tab via the right click context menu.
• To switch focus, for example from Notes tot Editor use the Main menu View | Focus Editor or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Cmd+0.
• Mac OS 10.13 or prior: The Style Sheets are moved to the Stylesheet tab in the inspector. Open with Command+4.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Saved My Life!!!
This program has saved my life. I have been sitting for hours trying to organize my projects to such extent that my wife has found me at the kitchen table, glassy-eyes, staring into nothingness, notepads and paper strewn about me. Then she said: “maybe there’s an app for that,” reminding me of why I married her. Sure enough, I stumbled across this life-altering program and it has simply saved my life. No need to read instructions, it is completely intuitive. I played with it for exactly 5 minutes and knew exactly how everything worked. It is now 12:42 AM and I love this app so much I felt compelled to stay up and write this review. For anyone who is having difficulty organizing projects of any kind, this application is the best thing in the world. Fpr me, the best part is for each topic, or “block” on the branch, you can write notes on what is needed. This is a complete visual view of your projects, organized in the way that fits you and your needs. Whoever made this program thank you so much.
Best of the Best
I have been hopeful about mind-mapping as a strategy to organize the many different kinds of thoughts worth keeping that flit through my head in a day, and I have tried many different mind mapping programs before Simple Mind. Simple Mind is the one!! It is incredibly powerful in it’s ability to customize everything. It does all of the things I want it to do, and I am finding it a great tool not only to organize my life, but also research, and I used it for a recent presentation, which was well recieved. I love that it works on my Mac desktop, IOS phone, and Chromebook seamlessly. I love that you pay once, rather than a monthly subscription. The updates always come with helpful information for learning about the changes. I am ready to marry Simple Mind until death do us part. Can’t say enough good about it, and I have tried MANY programs made for a similar purpose.
Most wonderful Mindmap/Outline app for students, researchers and writers.
I have been using this software for last 3 years and have found it to be very useful for following reasons:
-Ability to drag files from computer and link to a topic on mind map. Although this feature is limited to software purchased directly from developer.
-Ability to link files from Dropbox and GDrive.
-Ability to export mind map in Checklist/outline/text format for writing prompts in word file.
-Ability to create linked mind maps makes it extremely easy to create multiple and uncluttered maps and navigate between theses mind maps [Suggestion: create a detached Central theme, insert back icon and link it back to parent mind map]
-Availability of iOS and Windows apps
-Multiple layout, styles and color options. Try the snap option- very helpful w/ freeform layout.
-Never crashed and receives regular updates and new features.
-Relatively cheap for all the features it offers.
-Awesome customer support (Reason for investing time on this review after 3 years). Contacted them 3-4 times over years and always received a clear and non-generic answer. Linda was extremely helpful.
Strongly recommended if you are looking to buy a software for GTD + organization of thoughts and documents.
- ModelMaker Tools BV
- 5.1 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2019, ModelMaker Tools BV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.