SimpleRockets 2 requires 2GB of RAM.
Works with iPhone SE, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR; iPad Mini 4, 5; iPad Air 2, 3; iPad Pro; iPod Touch 7th gen (2019)
SimpleRockets 2 DOES NOT support: iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus; iPad Air, Mini 2, 3; iPod Touch 6th gen and lower
SimpleRockets 2 is a fully 3D space sim that lets you build rockets, airplanes, rovers, or anything you can imagine and explore highly detailed 3D planets. Easily share crafts and saved games with the community. Included are 17 different challenges to put your creations to the test.
Build crafts by snapping parts together. Choose from the pre-built engines, such as the Mage, which is a powerful kerosene-fueled engine. Or choose the very weak, but highly efficient Ion Engine. Or you can dig deeper into the complexity of rocket science and design your own rocket engines. Choose from the eight available engine types, seven nozzles, and six fuel types. From there you can change engine size, nozzle length, throat radius, and more.
Use interstages to split your craft into multiple stages and piece together modular fairings to protect your precious cargo. Launch multiple crafts into orbit. You can dock with your existing crafts to build space stations, moon bases, refueling stations, etc.
Resize and reshape fuel tanks, wings, cargo bays, fairings, and nose cones with easy-to-use tools that help you create exactly what you want. Resize solar panels, wheels, pistons, shocks, etc to fit your needs. Paint your craft custom colors and tweak their reflectiveness, emissiveness, and texture styles.
Orbits are realistically simulated and support time-warp so you don't have to wait several months to reach another planet. The Map View makes it easy to see your orbits and plan future burns, which you can use to set up future encounters with other planets or satellites.
The flight model dynamically updates drag and lift characteristics of your craft as it changes. Re-entry effects kick in when you're screaming through an atmosphere at hypersonic speeds. Be careful, because the excessive heat can cause those aforementioned rapid unplanned disassemblies.
Download from a huge collection of user-uploaded crafts and sandboxes on our website. Upload your own crafts and sandboxes and share them with the community. Rise through the ranks from a white level builder to a gold level builder and beyond.
* Fully 3D Rocket Designer that allows building anything from basic rockets to very complicated multi-stage rockets, airplanes, rovers, satellites, robotic mechs, etc.
* Design custom rocket engines and jet engines
* Realistic rocket physics and orbital mechanics.
* Over 30 parts, including fairings, retractable solar panels, rover wheels, engines, etc.
* Highly procedural parts that can be resized and reshaped into endless combinations, such as the resizable fuel tank and the cargo bay.
* Map View to navigate the solar system that displays predicted orbits and encounters.
* Fully 3D, rotating planets that support water and multiple biomes, such as desert, grasslands, tundra, etc.
* Persistent sandbox that retains your previous launches.
* Players can upload their rockets and sandboxes and share them with other players.
* Online community where players can upvote and comment on other players' content.
* Several build and flight challenges.
* Parts support textures, reflections, and custom coloring.
* Flight model dynamically updates drag and lift characteristics of your craft as it changes.
* Re-entry effects including visual effects and part damage from heat.
* Custom Launch Locations allow launching from multiple places in the solar system.
* Support for saving custom subassemblies.
* Crafts can dock together in orbit and transfer fuel.
* Built-in tutorials show you how to build a craft and how to achieve orbit.
* Time-Warp allows fast-forwarding while in orbit.
v0.9.616 is a small update that includes some bug fixes from the last major update (v0.9.614).
The last major update included some very big new features:
* Added 20 new celestial bodies:
* Completely redesigned Droo, Cylero, Luna, Tydos, Urados, and Juno
* Added two new planets: Vulco and Sergeaa
* Added eleven new moons
* Added new runways, buildings, and launchpad.
* Added new gauge part.
* Added Screen Space Ambient Occlusion.
* Allow targeting launch sites during flight
* Atmospheres now render in the main menu, map-view, and planet studio.
* Added new launch steam visual effects.
Ratings and Reviews
Good game but I need to know some stuff.
Hello! Simplerockets 2 is a good game but I need to know some stuff about it. Why do we only get to use the space shuttle in the mission where it is featured and why can we not put it on the Boeing 747? Also, The game keeps crashing on my iPad uncontrollably. When I use big rockets sometimes on launch the game crashes. Even when I use small rockets or planes it crashes. Could you fix that? And I think people should have the ability to set parts of their rocket or plane on fire. When we just have to explode them to destroy them it isn’t as fun. Why can’t we use the shuttle in the sandbox though? Please let us use it and let us be able to put it on the Boeing 747. That would be awesome. Some of us are not smart enough to build the space shuttle onto the Boeing 747 ourselves so it would be nice if you added a Version of the Boeing 747 with the space shuttle. Thanks for reading this!
It’s fun except for the rocket building part
Rocket building takes 10-30 mins not because it is complicated (like ksp is) but because the controls for moving and placing parts take several tries to get right (specifically placing radial separators) the mirror tool is completely disfunctional, as it mirrors them about 45 degrees off of where the first object was placed, and not anywhere near the opposite side, making getting a proper center of thrust next to impossible considering you need to manually place the separators every time. Flying rockets is incredibly easy, the game changed from 2d to 3D flying mechanics well, but building rockets is frustrating and building rockets correctly is even more of a challenge. The hit boxes for the arrows to make parts bigger clip through the object so you are likely to completely screw up and change the size of a fuel tank while spending 3-5 minutes trying to place it on a radial separator, messing up the center of mass and causing you to need to start the hard and grueling process all over again. Even if you know the exact parts to use and where it still takes ages to build a rocket, and even more to build a functioning one, I might still play but it’s just not intuitive at all.
Edit: forgot to mention there is no tutorial at all, the only way you can build a functioning rocket is if you understand ksp mechanics with center of mass, lift, and thrust
Edit #2: there is a tutorial apparently, I just never ended up seeing it
Warning: Requires Thinking
Ever since I started playing Orbiter on my dad’s laptop 10 years ago, I’ve wanted something like that to play on my phone. Well, here it is. I loved SimpleRockets 1, but 2 just blows it out of the water. There is literally no limit to what you can do.
To the people leaving bad reviews saying it’s “too complicated” or “impossible”: there are plenty of other mindless games out there for people like you that like to just open a game and play without having to think about what you’re doing or do any planning. This isn’t one of those games. Don’t fault SR2 or the developers because you can’t put the time in to figure out how to use it. This game is all about experimentation, design, and tweaking. It’s not the game you just pick up and mess around with for 15 minutes on your lunch break.
The controls can be a bit overwhelming at first. I know I was, but I got them down within a day. It is kind of a lot of information to fit into a small screen but honestly I can’t think of a better way to do it so I don’t fault the developers.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jundroo, LLC
- 396.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jundroo, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.