SimpleRockets 2 requires 2GB of RAM.
Works with iPhone SE, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR; iPad Mini 4, 5; iPad Air 2, 3; iPad Pro; iPod Touch 7th gen (2019)
SimpleRockets 2 DOES NOT support: iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus; iPad Air, Mini 2, 3; iPod Touch 6th gen and lower
SimpleRockets 2 is a fully 3D space sim that lets you build rockets, airplanes, rovers, or anything you can imagine and explore highly detailed 3D planets. Easily share crafts and saved games with the community. Included are 17 different challenges to put your creations to the test.
Build crafts by snapping parts together. Choose from the pre-built engines, such as the Mage, which is a powerful kerosene-fueled engine. Or choose the very weak, but highly efficient Ion Engine. Or you can dig deeper into the complexity of rocket science and design your own rocket engines. Choose from the eight available engine types, seven nozzles, and six fuel types. From there you can change engine size, nozzle length, throat radius, and more.
Use interstages to split your craft into multiple stages and piece together modular fairings to protect your precious cargo. Launch multiple crafts into orbit. You can dock with your existing crafts to build space stations, moon bases, refueling stations, etc.
Resize and reshape fuel tanks, wings, cargo bays, fairings, and nose cones with easy-to-use tools that help you create exactly what you want. Resize solar panels, wheels, pistons, shocks, etc to fit your needs. Paint your craft custom colors and tweak their reflectiveness, emissiveness, and texture styles.
Orbits are realistically simulated and support time-warp so you don't have to wait several months to reach another planet. The Map View makes it easy to see your orbits and plan future burns, which you can use to set up future encounters with other planets or satellites.
The flight model dynamically updates drag and lift characteristics of your craft as it changes. Re-entry effects kick in when you're screaming through an atmosphere at hypersonic speeds. Be careful, because the excessive heat can cause those aforementioned rapid unplanned disassemblies.
Download from a huge collection of user-uploaded crafts and sandboxes on our website. Upload your own crafts and sandboxes and share them with the community. Rise through the ranks from a white level builder to a gold level builder and beyond.
* Fully 3D Rocket Designer that allows building anything from basic rockets to very complicated multi-stage rockets, airplanes, rovers, satellites, robotic mechs, etc.
* Design custom rocket engines and jet engines
* Realistic rocket physics and orbital mechanics.
* Over 30 parts, including fairings, retractable solar panels, rover wheels, engines, etc.
* Highly procedural parts that can be resized and reshaped into endless combinations, such as the resizable fuel tank and the cargo bay.
* Map View to navigate the solar system that displays predicted orbits and encounters.
* Fully 3D, rotating planets that support water and multiple biomes, such as desert, grasslands, tundra, etc.
* Persistent sandbox that retains your previous launches.
* Players can upload their rockets and sandboxes and share them with other players.
* Online community where players can upvote and comment on other players' content.
* Several build and flight challenges.
* Parts support textures, reflections, and custom coloring.
* Flight model dynamically updates drag and lift characteristics of your craft as it changes.
* Re-entry effects including visual effects and part damage from heat.
* Custom Launch Locations allow launching from multiple places in the solar system.
* Support for saving custom subassemblies.
* Crafts can dock together in orbit and transfer fuel.
* Built-in tutorials show you how to build a craft and how to achieve orbit.
* Time-Warp allows fast-forwarding while in orbit.
* Added auto-pilot functionality for airplanes so they can now be controlled by the nav sphere.
* Added planetary rings to Urados.
* Added the ability to group/weld parts together in the designer.
* Added Part Connections panel that allows manually editing connections between parts.
* Improved re-entry effects with camera shake, audio, and "intense" music track.
* Several more enhancements and bug fixes.
Check our blog for the full release notes!
Ratings and Reviews
Warning: Requires Thinking
Ever since I started playing Orbiter on my dad’s laptop 10 years ago, I’ve wanted something like that to play on my phone. Well, here it is. I loved SimpleRockets 1, but 2 just blows it out of the water. There is literally no limit to what you can do.
To the people leaving bad reviews saying it’s “too complicated” or “impossible”: there are plenty of other mindless games out there for people like you that like to just open a game and play without having to think about what you’re doing or do any planning. This isn’t one of those games. Don’t fault SR2 or the developers because you can’t put the time in to figure out how to use it. This game is all about experimentation, design, and tweaking. It’s not the game you just pick up and mess around with for 15 minutes on your lunch break.
The controls can be a bit overwhelming at first. I know I was, but I got them down within a day. It is kind of a lot of information to fit into a small screen but honestly I can’t think of a better way to do it so I don’t fault the developers.
Fantastic, well worth the $5
I personally am a huge fan of space simulators. I started back in late 2014 with a simple indie game that went by the name of Simplerockets. I shared it with my 5th grade elementary school friends and we got hooked. We spent hours emailing each other our newest save file to get another to add a new module to a space station, or a satellite in a far out planet. Now in my sophomore year of high school, I sent this game to them and they were ecstatic. We all preordered the game and so far are enjoying the game more than the original. I personally have been following the games progress, and have beta tested both the PC and Mobile versions and loved every second of it, and I hope to love the rest of it as well. The game looks beautiful on both platforms, and allows you to be creative in a way you just can’t in other games. I love everything you’ve done Jundroo, and best hopes to your future endeavours.
Better than KSP!
First of all what can I say, kudos to the developers for porting this over to mobile and still having it look just as beautiful as it does on the PC. And second, holy crap! This game is so much better than KSP! The physics are better, I absolutely love the customizable parts! And you can build an exact working replica of any rocket from history easily! Even better you can customize the engines to work better and certain altitudes which adds just that much more realism! Oh and I forgot! The planes! You literally get simple planes along with simple rockets in this game! And due to the combination you can build your dream single state to orbit space craft!
Now if they were to add more things in the future I think what would probably be best would be even more parts and utilities, parts for space stations, and aircraft cockpits.
- Jundroo, LLC
- 367 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Jundroo, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.