Simply is the best-looking and easiest way to get the news you care about.
Each screen is a smart summary of exactly one news article. Swipe quickly from page to beautifully-illustrated page.
Simply tailors your top stories from thousands of news articles. You can’t miss anything important with Simply – and it’s fast and fun. Simply categories include top news, politics, entertainment, science, tech, and local news. You can easily define your own news categories based on search words that you enter. Thus you can easily get your individual categories. e.g for "Apple" or "London" or "Meerkat" or whatever you happen to be interested in.
You can rely on Simply’s quality and performance. Award-winning apps by the Simply design team have been ranked #1 in over 30 countries.
Simply’s top features:
- 100s of robust sources examined to deliver comprehensive news
- 600 British locations tracked to assure local news
- 1,000,000 news articles analyzed monthly
- Every news article intelligently prioritized
- Clear, compact summaries generated 100% automatically from any news
- Full-story news text presented in a single swipe
- Personalized, relevant news derived from your search words
- News repository stored on your device keeps you informed even when offline
Standard Simply is always free. Extensions can be purchased inside the news app or can be activated for free if you recommend Simply to a friend.
Simply users are saying:
***** Great app for news. Good information. Easy to use.
***** Many sources, impressive summaries, cool design. My start screen app for news.
***** Does exactly what it claims. Best news app.
***** That is a great news app that I use constantly.
Questions / problems: email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good news aggregator
Simply is a good news aggregator, but it needs work. I find it very helpful with its simple design and easy to read updates. It generally provides a summary and then allows you the choice to proceed and read the entire story. All of this said, I find the categories very limited. I like to select from a wide variety of news topics, such as travel and environment to specific sports. There are really only 6-7 topics you can select from for your news and this needs work.
My go to news app
I used to love this app. It reminded me of my last "go to" app for news, Sumly. The articles are good, but there are a few things about it that drive me crazy.
1) Several of it’s article sources (LA Times, WSJ,etc) limit you to 10 articles a month.
2) I have yet to understand the algorithm they use to choose the photo that goes with the article works. It could be an article about North Korea and the photo is of some actor or singer. Drives. Me. Crazy.
Delivers as Promised
Great app—quick, easy to read news feeds that can quickly catch you up on what’s going on in several major news categories. Easy access to more detail for stories that catch your interest. Not the place to do in depth reading. But that’s exactly why I appreciate this app! I just need an unbiased way to get a variety of news in the brief!
- MessengerPeople Inc
- 28.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Hungarian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Pylba, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.